Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4:30pm ET NEWS: InsideHoops.com editor Jeff Lenchiner reports that Eddie Griffin will not be joining the Nets at this time and instead is heading back to Houston for additional personal care and rehabilitation.

Looks like he broke this news, haven't seen it elsewhere and it's been 30 minutes now. front page http://insidehoops.com

griffin is still a mess

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Give the man a break. He is in a terrible situations.

Hell, i shouted out a few words in amazement when i found his location as far as playing, but I found out the circumstances and can only hope he gets through it.

Do it for your hometown (Real-Adelphia)

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
agreed

Originally posted by <b>PSUmtj112</b>!
I've said before that Griffin has problems, but IMO he is doing the right thing now by getting help. Life can be nasty at times and very hard to deal with, especially for a young man, and I am glad Griffin is getting the help he needs.
Agreed, and also with the NBA Lifestyle. The NBA traveling, Money, women, does not cater to a mental issue.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Nets Statement on Eddie Griffin

East Rutherford, NJ, Jan. 28 - The following statement has been issued by Nets CEO/President/General Manager, Rod Thorn regarding the status of Eddie Griffin:
"Eddie has informed the team that he is not ready to resume his NBA career at this point in time," said Thorn. "He will return to Houston for further rehabilitation. There is no timetable for his return.”

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Re: agreed

Originally posted by <b>TheTruth34</b>!

Agreed, and also with the NBA Lifestyle. The NBA traveling, Money, women, does not cater to a mental issue.
I couldn't imagine living the NBA lifestyle... Its hard enough being a college student... but to have money, groupies, and get to travel?! I'd fall off so quick people would be calling me the biggest bust ever. I love basketball, but fast women and fast livin' is tough to turn down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts