Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im really really starting to like this guy...he is a nice 3 point shooter and isnt as selfish as he is portrayed..He rarely takes over 5 shots in his backup role...

·
Registered
694 Posts
Dodigago said:
im really really starting to like this guy...he is a nice 3 point shooter and isnt as selfish as he is portrayed..He rarely takes over 5 shots in his backup role...
Yea me too.. but he mite be left off the playoff roaster :eek:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not really sure..but can you not put someone on the playoff roster that u have on contract and then continue w/ him next year.. like if we leave Kevin Martin off

1) Bibby
2) Mobley
3) Peja
4) K9
5) Miller

reserves
6) B-Jax
7) Songolia
8) Skinner
9) Mo-Evans
10) Williamson
11) Ostertag ( 6 fouls)
12) House or Martin... Id rather have House for his shooting and were not too sure on Jackson's health..so it would be good to have a 3rd PG

·
Registered
993 Posts
I like house too, everyone said that he was a chucker when we picked him up... I don't know about leaving Martin off the playoff roster, he has helped up a lot with some tricky defensive matchups by playing the top of the zone. But I don't know who else to leave off.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea but we lose something with everyone we leave...

I think we must..

the only 2 other possible options are tag and we need his size and 6 fouls...

House is just needed because of B-jax's health

·
Registered
521 Posts
Peja Vu said:
I love what he has done for the Kings the past few weeks. Doesn't try to do too much and just makes shots.
I agree. And that's all he needs to do on this team. Other than playing D, hustle and rebound. When Kings first got House, I thought House force lots of shots... was missing half of them too. I guess he was just excited to be on a team after getting cut by 2 teams this season and probably want to prove he should get mins. But lately, he seem to stop doing that. There are a few times I think he still force shots, but it's not as bad as how it was earlier when he first got here. If Bobby's back in the playoff, I don't really see House playing at all. Bibby/Jackson is going to be taking a lot of those mins. I don't think House have any playoff experience? But if no Jackson still, House will be playing a few.

Honestly, I don't see Kevin Martin playing in the playoffs. He hardly plays in the regular seasons, what makes you think Adelman will even put him in the playoffs??? Don't get me wrong, I think Martin's a good player and may provide a lot. But I just don't see it happening knowing Adelman.

·
MANRAM!
18,056 Posts
Shooting is anything but House work

Talk about sweet shooting strokes on the Kings, and the names Peja Stojakovic and Mike Bibby will immediately fly off the tongues of observers.

But make sure you check out backup guard Eddie House's form. And do it quickly, or else a jumper will already be released in your face.

Kings guard Cuttino Mobley, who ranks fourth in the NBA in three-point shooting, claims no one has as pure a shot as House.

"It's the purest jump shot I've ever seen," Mobley said. "He's one of the best shooters I've ever seen. And he's short (6-foot-1). It's unbelievable how he just gets the ball over big guys easy. And he has great concentration."

House, who is playing with his fifth team in five NBA seasons and with his third club this season, said he appreciates Mobley's compliment.

But don't just take Mobley's word for it. Kings assistant coach and Hall of Famer Pete Carril, who says he isn't a shooting expert, is also impressed.

"His stroke is as good as I've ever seen," Carril said Tuesday night before House made 5 of 7 shots, including 2 of 3 three-pointers, in the Kings' 122-101 victory over the Seattle SuperSonics.

House has rolled along this season at 46.6 percent shooting from the field and 44.7 percent from three-point range, both career-high marks. That's especially huge for the Kings because House is their lone backup point guard due to Bobby Jackson's wrist injury.

"He has come through for us," Carril said of House. "He runs the offense pretty good, and he's really a two-guard in a one-guard body. He has made big shots all season long.

"We knew he could shoot. But his defense isn't bad. He has worked hard. He knows the plays. He knows the offense. He's got a perfect release, as does Mike."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts