Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
I LIKE Curry, but it remains to be seen if he'll be better than Chandler. Offensively Curry may very well be better...but DEFENSIVELY Chandler is more futher along in the learning curve than Eddie.

I think both players will greatly help this ballclub in the years to come.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm Wrong JJames Lang is Better than both of them!!!!!!!!1

His Name is James Lang and here are what people say about his game.
Another impressive Ice player was 6-11, 300 pound center James Lang. He moves quite well despite his girth, scoring inside and clearing out space for rebounds. A lot of people compared him to Wake Forest's new frosh Eric Williams, but Lang is a bit lighter on his feet. I loved the way he attacked the offensive glass in particular. Once some of his footwork is refined a bit more, he will certainly be able to contribute at a very high level.


James Lang, C, Alabama Ice:

"Possibly no player received more buzz at the Dean E. Smith Center than the heavyweight Lang. Looking simply on the surface, you wouldn’t pay that much attention to him, but after watching explosive dunk after explosive dunk, your opinion changes. Listed at 6-11, 305 pounds, Lang gets off the ground faster than anyone with comparable size and height. A lane filler, Lang showed deceptively quick post moves, soft hands, and great positioning on the low block. While it remains to be seen if this was just a good weekend, for at least one tournament Lang shined. " - SM


Lang is a 6-11, 300+pound post prospect who has evolved from a plodding banger into an aggressive, surprisingly athletic warrior. Lang does more than just throw his weight around. He throws it down on people. Several times over the course of the weekend he finished plays with emphatic jams whose force shook the basket supports long after he’d trotted back to the defensive end. Lang was certainly one of the biggest sleepers in the tournament, and he should get ample attention from SEC schools on the lookout for big men.


ESPN Reports:

James Lang
6-11, 305 and counting, senior (Parkway Christian H.S./Birmingham, Ala.)
This Mobile native is a big, big man. But he carries it well. Lang's bigger (thicker, heavier) than he was a year ago, but surprisingly, he's also become more athletic. He's got some explosive power in his game, which resembles (I didn't say "compares to") the raw strength and athleticism of Shaquille O'Neal. Lang possesses excellent hands, thick shoulders, hand strength and if he gets the ball down low in dunking position, watch out! He can really catapult that bulk of his and snap the rim back. It's very difficult to stop someone that big, when they have the power, agility and confidence to do a strong imitation of a Shaq two-handed power dunk.

Lang, while not a gazelle, runs the floor well for his bulk. At the Gibbons Tournament, his conditioning and stamina were impressive. He's carrying a few extra pounds, but he's still just a high school player.

If Lang continues to play like he did at the Gibbons tournament, his stock will rise quickly. He's also got some toughness/meanness about him, which for a post player isn't a bad thing. He works hard and he's still developing. Lang has a pair of excellent mitts and he can score on the low block. He'll be playing with Kenny Harris' Alabama Ice at the adidas Big Time in Las Vegas and he's gonna be at adidas ABCD Camp this weekend in New Jersey.


6-11, 305-pound rising senior James Lang (Central Park Christian H.S./Birmingham, Ala.) is moving his big caboose up and down the floor better and working much harder than last year. He had several effort plays and was just about unstoppable around the basket. In the opinion of quite a few observers, he gave 6-10, 265-pound rising senior Kendrick Perkins (Ozen H.S./Beaumont, Texas) a run for his money as the camp's toughest center matchup (and this year's edition of adidas ABCD was loaded with quality big men).


ESPN.Com Rates him as the No.5 Prospect in America!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Unless we're talkin' about Lebron James....

I'm not interested in the Bulls goin' after anymore HS projects.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
58,359 Posts
Re: I'm Wrong JJames Lang is Better than both of them!!!!!!!!1

Originally posted by Balla123456789
His Name is James Lang and here are what people say about his game.
Another impressive Ice player was 6-11, 300 pound center James Lang. He moves quite well despite his girth, scoring inside and clearing out space for rebounds. A lot of people compared him to Wake Forest's new frosh Eric Williams, but Lang is a bit lighter on his feet. I loved the way he attacked the offensive glass in particular. Once some of his footwork is refined a bit more, he will certainly be able to contribute at a very high level.


James Lang, C, Alabama Ice:

"Possibly no player received more buzz at the Dean E. Smith Center than the heavyweight Lang. Looking simply on the surface, you wouldn’t pay that much attention to him, but after watching explosive dunk after explosive dunk, your opinion changes. Listed at 6-11, 305 pounds, Lang gets off the ground faster than anyone with comparable size and height. A lane filler, Lang showed deceptively quick post moves, soft hands, and great positioning on the low block. While it remains to be seen if this was just a good weekend, for at least one tournament Lang shined. " - SM


Lang is a 6-11, 300+pound post prospect who has evolved from a plodding banger into an aggressive, surprisingly athletic warrior. Lang does more than just throw his weight around. He throws it down on people. Several times over the course of the weekend he finished plays with emphatic jams whose force shook the basket supports long after he’d trotted back to the defensive end. Lang was certainly one of the biggest sleepers in the tournament, and he should get ample attention from SEC schools on the lookout for big men.


ESPN Reports:

James Lang
6-11, 305 and counting, senior (Parkway Christian H.S./Birmingham, Ala.)
This Mobile native is a big, big man. But he carries it well. Lang's bigger (thicker, heavier) than he was a year ago, but surprisingly, he's also become more athletic. He's got some explosive power in his game, which resembles (I didn't say "compares to") the raw strength and athleticism of Shaquille O'Neal. Lang possesses excellent hands, thick shoulders, hand strength and if he gets the ball down low in dunking position, watch out! He can really catapult that bulk of his and snap the rim back. It's very difficult to stop someone that big, when they have the power, agility and confidence to do a strong imitation of a Shaq two-handed power dunk.

Lang, while not a gazelle, runs the floor well for his bulk. At the Gibbons Tournament, his conditioning and stamina were impressive. He's carrying a few extra pounds, but he's still just a high school player.

If Lang continues to play like he did at the Gibbons tournament, his stock will rise quickly. He's also got some toughness/meanness about him, which for a post player isn't a bad thing. He works hard and he's still developing. Lang has a pair of excellent mitts and he can score on the low block. He'll be playing with Kenny Harris' Alabama Ice at the adidas Big Time in Las Vegas and he's gonna be at adidas ABCD Camp this weekend in New Jersey.


6-11, 305-pound rising senior James Lang (Central Park Christian H.S./Birmingham, Ala.) is moving his big caboose up and down the floor better and working much harder than last year. He had several effort plays and was just about unstoppable around the basket. In the opinion of quite a few observers, he gave 6-10, 265-pound rising senior Kendrick Perkins (Ozen H.S./Beaumont, Texas) a run for his money as the camp's toughest center matchup (and this year's edition of adidas ABCD was loaded with quality big men).


ESPN.Com Rates him as the No.5 Prospect in America!
Do you have the link for this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,919 Posts
The analysis of James Lang sounds almost exactly like the analyses given of Eddy Curry back when he was in high school, only Curry, if anything, had more buzz around him. So what makes you think that this guy is better? He doesn't seem to be much bigger than Curry (6'11 305 compared to Curry's current 7'0 290), and it doesn't sound like he's more athletic either
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,118 Posts
Originally posted by Krazy!!!
Wow!!! Curry's now SEVEN feet?!! Wow!!!
I think Chandler is now 7'4" as well.

One thing I found amusing was on NBADraft.net they had an NBA Player Comparison label for a kid and Eddie Curry was the player. Now I am not quite sure how that great analysis was done considering Curry has not shown much of anything as an NBA player.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,118 Posts
Originally posted by HAWK23
I thought Krause said he was a legit 7ft 2in... 7"4' sounds a little off
Once they get past the "official" measurements at the pre-draft combines/camps all bets are off. Just look at how much Alonzo Mourning has grown over the years. Shaq's weight also seem just a tad low.

It doesn't matter. Judge someone by what they do on the court.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,182 Posts
that kid they are talking about is sophacles shoranitis from greece, besides, who do you expect them compare that kid to? shaq? he's more like eddy at this point then he is da daddy

btw... eddy will be our goto guy in a few years, not tyson
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,118 Posts
Originally posted by JOHNNY_BRAVisimO
that kid they are talking about is sophacles shoranitis from greece, besides, who do you expect them compare that kid to? shaq? he's more like eddy at this point then he is da daddy

btw... eddy will be our goto guy in a few years, not tyson
I think JWill is going to be the go to guy. It is kind of difficult for any post player to be the go to guy. He might be the focus on offense but in crunch time expect JWill to have the ball to shoot or draw the foul.

You are right though, I think Tyson will be nothing more than an afterthough offensively because of Curry, and now JWill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,182 Posts
Originally posted by BCH




You are right though, I think Tyson will be nothing more than an afterthough offensively because of Curry, and now JWill.
i wouldnt say that, tyson just wont be the "goto" guy, but he will still be dropping bigtime points
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Eddy is only 6-10 not 7-0

he is not that athletic James Lang is way more athletic


James Lang
6-11, 305 and counting, senior (Parkway Christian H.S./Birmingham, Ala.)
This Mobile native is a big, big man. But he carries it well. Lang's bigger (thicker, heavier) than he was a year ago, but surprisingly, he's also become more athletic. He's got some explosive power in his game, which resembles (I didn't say "compares to") the raw strength and athleticism of Shaquille O'Neal. Lang possesses excellent hands, thick shoulders, hand strength and if he gets the ball down low in dunking position, watch out! He can really catapult that bulk of his and snap the rim back. It's very difficult to stop someone that big, when they have the power, agility and confidence to do a strong imitation of a Shaq two-handed power dunk.

Lang, while not a gazelle, runs the floor well for his bulk. At the Gibbons Tournament, his conditioning and stamina were impressive. He's carrying a few extra pounds, but he's still just a high school player.

If Lang continues to play like he did at the Gibbons tournament, his stock will rise quickly. He's also got some toughness/meanness about him, which for a post player isn't a bad thing. He works hard and he's still developing. Lang has a pair of excellent mitts and he can score on the low block. He'll be playing with Kenny Harris' Alabama Ice at the adidas Big Time in Las Vegas and he's gonna be at adidas ABCD Camp this weekend in New Jersey.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Balla123456789


1st of all, are you a Bulls fan?

2nd..I've heard about James Lang a long time ago, but I've never seen him play..Have you? I'm thinking no...lol..your analysis sounds good, but have you set eyes on the kid yet? Do you know what the kid looks like? He's better than Curry? I'll believe it when I see it..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I Have Seen Him PLay

He is a great player he rebounds better than curry and is a lot more athletic i mean every dunk he does he tries to break the backboard and truthfully i have never seen him do a one-handed dunk he two -hand slams everything. The dunks resemble SHAQ IN his early days. When he sets him self on the block he is unstobabble. I will say it again he is way more athletic than curry and a far better rebounder. But he is not yet the scorer. but plays with great intensity. He is lookin at an SEC school. ALabama aND DUKE ARE THE FRONT RUNNERS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,393 Posts
I don't know that I care, but what is the point of this info anyways? There are many players better than Curry, CHandler, Rose, Williams......than any of the Bulls. The kid is another high schooler. If last year's draft showed anything it's that it takes time to develop the high schoolers. No big man from high school is gonna come in and dominate in the pro's........for a few reasons:

1) foul trouble (no respect from officials ..gotta earn that)
2) Playing against guys the same size and speed all the time.
3) Learning the fundamentals of the game. (from Defense to Offense)

4) maturity


I could go on, but I won't. I am interested to hear about new guys, but it sounds to me that these kids are expected to dominate in their first year of forget them......Give them time to grow (as a player and a person)!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts
Wow! The fifth highest rated ESPN high school senior, lets back up the truck. Trade Curry, Chandler and Williams for him. If that's not enough throw in Jalen Rose. Of course the Lakers will offer Shaq. In that case we may have to settle for the fourth best prospect, guess we'll have to throw in Crawford and Fizer for him. For #3, we'll have to add Krause, Reinsdorf and the United Center. For #2 throw in Benny the Bull and for #1 add Dali and Hoiberg.
Wow Balla123456789, you da man! Wow!
 
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Top