Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...apr01,1,1083046.story?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

With the Bulls-Cavaliers game on in the background and his fiance and mother by his side, Eddy Curry had a message for his teammates Thursday night.

"I hope to be ready to play Saturday," Curry said by phone from his Charlotte hospital room.

Whether it was youthful bravado or legitimate optimism, a rested and relieved Curry looked to the future with an upbeat attitude after medication had calmed his irregular heartbeat and some old-fashioned tender loving care had soothed his frayed nerves.

"At first I was really scared because my heart had a funny beat and I wasn't feeling very good," Curry said, recounting the symptoms that sidelined him Wednesday night in Charlotte and again Thursday.

"But I'm cool now. The doctors [in Charlotte] said it's nothing life-threatening. It just comes all of a sudden and is like some electrical charge on the left side of the heart."

A battery of tests will give a more accurate description of and prognosis for Curry's arrhythmia, which he said he began to experience at Monday night's home victory over Memphis.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Good news, but I'll wait for the final tests before being too happy. I don't like the 'electrical charge on the left side of the heart' comment, but I hope he will be at a 100% soon.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
LegoHat said:
Good news, but I'll wait for the final tests before being too happy. I don't like the 'electrical charge on the left side of the heart' comment, but I hope he will be at a 100% soon.
The "electrical charge" is what explains the irregular heartbeat, as in it probably does not mean he has some sort of heart disease.

This sounds like good news to me, in the sense that the doctors have not made Eddy seem very concerned with the issue.

But yes, take all the precautionary measures Eddy. Don't rush back and listen to the doctors.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Good news. Hopefully he will be at full strength soon!

·
Reverse Psychologist
2,553 Posts
I really hope he does whatever is best for his health, not what's best for the team (we don't really <i>need</i> him anyway, heh).

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
this is not over, unfortunately, or this doesn't make me feel better.

Why? Because those medications can slow you down. If you thought Eddy was semi-lethargic looking B4.............

ahh crap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts