Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
I was scared when I saw it in the morning I'm like O **** what did we trade him for but then I looked at the side and it was just about the interview. Is it just me or does the NBA want to make him a star right now.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Or for that matter the entire Bulls organization. Nothing has really been said bad about the Bulls lately. All good news about Curry, Chandler and the good summer league play of Gordon, and Luol Deng, and the signing of Gold Medalist Andres Niocini. I really think we'll finally be back in the playoffs now.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
We have the perfect balance of offense (curry, gordon, deng, pike), defense (nocioni, chandler, hinrich, f. williams, griffin) and the right style of players to develop sort of a run and gun style of play. We also have a nice mix of vets that have been to the postseason and know the game (pippen, pike, a.davis, harrington, griffin).

g hinrich / williams
g gordon / piatkowski / griffin
f nocioni / deng / robinson
f chandler / harrington
c curry / davis

I think we have a better chance of making the playoffs than most people think.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Chi_Lunatic</b>!
We have the perfect balance of offense (curry, gordon, deng, pike), defense (nocioni, chandler, hinrich, f. williams, griffin) and the right style of players to develop sort of a run and gun style of play. We also have a nice mix of vets that have been to the postseason and know the game (pippen, pike, a.davis, harrington, griffin).

g hinrich / williams
g gordon / piatkowski / griffin
f nocioni / deng / robinson
f chandler / harrington
c curry / davis

I think we have a better chance of making the playoffs than most people think.
yes look at what we have done this offseason.

Subtractions
Jamal Crawford
Kendall Gill?
Marcus Fizer
Jerome Williams
Ronald Dupree
Rick Brunson
Paul Shirley

Additions
Luol Deng
Chris Duhon?
Ben Gordon
Othella Harrington
Andres Nocioni
Cezary Trybanski
Frank Williams
Eric Piatowski
Adrian Griffin

Looks good to me, only major loss is Crawford and I think we made up for it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by <b>BabyBlueSlugga7</b>!

yes look at what we have done this offseason.

Subtractions
Jamal Crawford
Kendall Gill?
Marcus Fizer
Jerome Williams
Ronald Dupree
Rick Brunson
Paul Shirley

Additions
Luol Deng
Chris Duhon?
Ben Gordon
Othella Harrington
Andres Nocioni
Cezary Trybanski
Frank Williams
Eric Piatowski
Adrian Griffin

Looks good to me, only major loss is Crawford and I think we made up for it.
Yep, we more than made up for the loss of Crawford with the talent we've added this offseason. I think we have MORE than enuff reasons to be excited this upcoming season.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I really like what Paxson has done in such a short time. He has maintained his stance of bringing in hard nose players who work hard at all times, and at the same time he has brought in talented guys who fit that bill. Deng is a professional who works hard day in day out, and stays focused. Gordon, as much as I have my doubts about him, he is also a hard working player with great talent and no nonsense.

Good job Paxson. You've given this team an identity, which is what it needed so badly. So far, the only player who doesnt fit your mold is Eddy Curry, who happens to be the most talented guy on the team, but maybe you're hoping with the roster filled with nothing but no nonsense hardworking characters, it will rub off on Curry? I hope it works.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I give Paxson credit for sticking to his guns. Though my philosophy differs a bit from his (I'm the type that will miss Jamal...), he has not waffled a bit on his vision and is making the best team he is capable of making.

I'm starting to grow more optimistic by the day...I know that, at the very least, I just want to see some NBA basketbal ASAPl!!

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BealeFarange</b>!
I give Paxson credit for sticking to his guns. Though my philosophy differs a bit from his (I'm the type that will miss Jamal...), he has not waffled a bit on his vision and is making the best team he is capable of making.

I'm starting to grow more optimistic by the day...I know that, at the very least, I just want to see some NBA basketbal ASAPl!!
Jamal was a hard worker too. He was the most physically fit player on that bulls team.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Not that its very important in the grand scheme of things, but I understand that Gill might end up signing with the Heat. Miami's incredibly thin on the wings with the loss of Butler and Odom. And Gill played there back in 01/02.

·
Registered
387 Posts
i like the players, but...

With this many new teams, and a starting schedule to really kick us in the teeth i cant see this being a playoff team just yet.

First 41: 14-27
Second 41: 20-21
Total: 34-48

Improvement, but we're relying on young players to do most of the damage once again. We've traded our biggest contributor of last season (not that i think thats a necessarily bad thing for the future) for a solid back-up. We have three rookies who we are going to need to contribute (Deng, Noc, Gordon) quite heavily to make much of a splash this season. I look for the 05-06 season to be the one in which the bulls make an entry into the playoffs.

What could give the Bulls a chance of greater than expected improvement this season could be the back-up play of a combination of Davis, Harrington, Deng, Robinson, Piatowski, Williams and whoever makes up the rest of the bench. If Robinson conforms to the skiles/paxson regime, the Bulls could look quite deep accross the board with a combination of hustlers, shooter and athletes that hold a mixture of youth and experience.

Go Bulls

1 - 12 of 12 Posts