Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some folks I know were very high on Edu Hernandez, the young Spanish 7-footer, but recently I haven't seen much buzz about him. Does anyone know the story on this kid?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Edu Hernandez-Sonseca is close to be called a 'bust'

2 years ago he entered Real Madrid's big team, and in his rookie season he made 5 ppg and 4 rpg playing 16 mpg in one of the top teams of Spain.. He was good defensive center, but everyone expected he'd develop his offense, mostly because he had a good shooting range in junior competition. In his second year, Javier Imbroda, former NT coach, came as Real Madrid coach and didn't give him the PT everyone expected (he also didn't play Lampe at all, well, Maciej didn't even train some times with the rest of the team) but played his first game with Spanish National Team, and he ended with 4 ppg 4 rpg in 15 mpg.. an explanation was given to his lack of improvement.. he likes too much the nightlife, too alcohol and not too much work ethic.. and his 3rd year in ACB league, in the same team but with other coach he's doing 2'9 ppg 2'1 rpg and 1 bpg in 8 mpg...The starting big men in this team are former UNLV player Kaspars Kambala and ex-grizzly Antonis Fotsis

A decent rebounder and a good shot blocker, but I doubt he'll ever play in NBA, but who knows, Trybanski's there

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
How is Trybanski? The knicks got him and I've never heard of him.

Edu sounds like a spanish Michael Ray Richardson without the flashes...

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well if Hernandez lacks the work ethic, that explains alot, because the guys I spoke to thought he had talent.

Kaspars Kambala is a horse. There are about 20 teams in the NBA that could use a guy like him.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
Kaspars Kambala is a horse. There are about 20 teams in the NBA that could use a guy like him.
Former Rebel played for Grizzlies summer league team after his senior year. After his dominating play for Efes Pilsen, I'm sure scouts have him on their radar. He's an absolute beast in the paint and has great conditioning for his size. However, he has very, very little game outside the post. I hope he'll get a chance to see some NBA action someday. If he continues to dominate Europe like he's doing, I think it will be pretty soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts