Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The article is actually more about Dale Davis, but this blurb at the bottom caught my eye, FWIW...

Portland management is waiting to evaluate Qyntel Woods' play as backup point guard to determine what will be done about the team's 12th roster spot. If Blazer brass decides Woods can't get the job done, it may decide to make a trade that reaps a point guard in return. "It is very possible we will make no trade (before the Feb. 19 deadline)," Nash says. "If we were to make one, it conceivably could be a one-for-two deal."
One player who benefits from the Jeff McInnis trade is Damon Stoudamire, who will get major playing time at point guard, at least in the short term. "My minutes will go back to where they were at the beginning of the year, when I had a great stretch of ball," Stoudamire says.
"I look forward to it. When a situations like this occurs, (Blazer officials) are saying they want you to do a little more, to be a little more aggressive with your game. That's fine. I want to try to extend myself sometimes without hurting people's feelings. They are going to allow me to put more of my personality on the team, and yell and curse at people and kind of be that general our team needs. And I don't have to worry about coming out of the game."
Stoudamire says there wasn't an outward tension between him and McInnis, "but it was always kind of hovering over us. There is no denying he wanted to be a starter. In his mind, maybe he felt he should have been, or should have been playing a lot more."

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
After reading these quotes from Damon it really makes me wonder how much the top brass coddles his very fragile ego? Another quality PG would be a bad move if we want quality minutes out of Damon.

Damon has to be the man in order to play well! So let him be the man this year so he can be the man somewhere else next year. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Stoudamire says there wasn't an outward tension between him and McInnis, "but it was always kind of hovering over us. There is no denying he wanted to be a starter. In his mind, maybe he felt he should have been, or should have been playing a lot more."
I must have been watching a different team. The team I saw had Jeff starting and playing around 38 minutes per game. Rather productively, I might add.

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts