Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A decent article on Elson who has really stepped up for the Nuggets.

A few quotes and notes about Elson I found interesting are below. Coaching staff needs Elson to become a better rebounder with Nene out for the season, and K-Mart out with his injury.

The Nuggets generally do win when Elson is in the lineup. They are 22-7 when he has started during his three seasons with the team, including 4-0 this season. When Elson and guard DerMarr Johnson have been in the starting lineup during the past two seasons, the Nuggets are 11-0.
Some good news regarding Martin.

Karl said Martin might return to the lineup Tuesday against the Washington Wizards.
However in the same article it's pointed out that K-Mart will most likely be injury plagued all season. So Elson will be a big key to the Nuggets this year.

With forward Kenyon Martin's status likely to be on and off until the end of the year and fellow post player Nene probably out for the season because of an opening-night injury to his right knee, the 7-foot Elson has found himself in the middle of the Nuggets' big-man rotation.
A lot more interesting quotes by Coach Karl. Also a small segment on Carmelo as well.

Link http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nba/article/0,2777,DRMN_23922_4255677,00.html

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
RoddneyThaRippa said:
I don't think Elson has really played all that well. He has no sense in his head.
"Geico" as dubbed by his teammates is NASTY! Guy has decent range (better than any other big on the team, equal to Camby imo).

He has not had all the experience in the world, but he's improving with the PT and will get better.

If you don't know him by now you'd better get familiar with him!!

Roddney I can't believe you don't like Elson!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
thetobin73 said:
"Geico" as dubbed by his teammates is NASTY! Guy has decent range (better than any other big on the team, equal to Camby imo).

He has not had all the experience in the world, but he's improving with the PT and will get better.

If you don't know him by now you'd better get familiar with him!!

Roddney I can't believe you don't like Elson!
I'll give him the range on his jumpshot and athleticism, but he's one of the least intelligent players the game has to offer. The other night when Dahntay Jones drove to the basket, Elson ran away from him. Constant **** like that has me and my dad dying laughing while watching this bafoon. He kills me. Karl should just leave Najera in.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
He started playing late in life compared to most NBA players, so he's lacking the experience and basketball IQ of most guys. He made half a great play against the Wizards last night, poking it out of Jamison(?)'s hands after he grabbed a defensive rebound, chasing it down, then throwing a 14 foot high alley-oop pass to Camby. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Kuskid said:
He started playing late in life compared to most NBA players, so he's lacking the experience and basketball IQ of most guys. He made half a great play against the Wizards last night, poking it out of Jamison(?)'s hands after he grabbed a defensive rebound, chasing it down, then throwing a 14 foot high alley-oop pass to Camby. :laugh:
I'll still defend Elson. Guy has flashes of brilliance and moments of...well you all know.

He is from the Netherlands and speaks multiple languages. I've always been a fan of his and he is an older player. He's definitely not a starter, but like Boykins, Elson can be an asset in limited minutes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts