Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I disagree with Spartanfan-Brand is better and more consistent player.

ADVANTAGES:

PPG-Walker
RPG-Brand
APG-Walker
SPG-Walker
BPG-Brand
FG%-Brand
FT%-Brand
3P%-Walker
MPG-Walker

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are you talking about! Walker has most of the advantages! And has to compete with Pierce for ppg and stuff.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Elton Brand vs. Antoine Walker:

Brand:
18.2 PPG
11.6 RPG (5.0 ORPG, 6.6 DRPG)
2.4 APG
1.00 SPG
2.04 BPG
.527 FG%
.742 FT%
.000 3P%
37.8 MPG

Walker:
22.1 PPG
8.8 RPG
5.0 APG
1.51 SPG
0.47 BPG
.394 FG%
.741 FT%
.344 3P%
42.0 MPG

Leaders:
PPG: Walker
RPG: Brand
APG: Walker
SPG: Walker
BPG: Brand
FG%: Brand
FT%: Brand
3P%: Walker
MPG: Walker

It's pretty close, but I'd pick Brand.

·
Registered
452 Posts
It's kind of hard to compare them because their games are so different...but ultimately I think 'Twan brings a bit more to the table..

·
Registered
338 Posts
Elton Brand is a true power forward he posts up and gets rebounds wat a pf is supposed to do. while u have Twan a PF with a guards minds meaning hes a 3 point shooter 1st the he might post u up. I would take Brand without even thinkin about it.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I would go with Brand, I perfer a post player that plays in the post... Look at how Walker's career has gone... he has been mentioned in many trade rumors due to the fact his act is tough to do... before this year, was he even close to these stats? And when the Celtics lose it's cause of his game. While Brand puts up similar numbers... but he hardly gets criticized for being the reasons why the Clippers and Bulls haven't won with him.

-Petey

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
As a PF I gotta go with Brand because he does the things a PF is supposed to do. Ive always considered Walker a SF playing PF just because Paul Pierce is the better SF. Walker shoots under 40% and as far as Im concerned that unnaceptable. He is a good 2nd option scorer, I honestly think he's one of the more over rated stars in the league, but he still puts up good numbers.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jvanbusk</b>!
<b>BRAND!</b>

I have never liked Walker's game. Shoots way too many threes and can be a very lazy defender.

I agree. Walker is more lazy than Brand. Just sits and casts up threes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
you can't compare stats look what antoine does shoots to much and never shuts up. Brand wins this easy.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KC</b>!
Tyson Chandler
?? I hope you don't mean he is better than both those guys.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think Antoine Walker is more versatile than Elton Brand. He can play the perimeter, can handle the ball and is taller. Walker is a very underrated player.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Brand.

Your saying Walker has to share the ball with pierce but Brand has to share with Odom Richardson Mcginnis Miles Kandi and that sg Patskowski (or something) and yes I know some of those people are gone now but thats who played with Brand last year.

Whens the last time you saw Walker leading in RBS or BLKS? That what a PF does. Walker is a sf playing pf so the better pf is Brand. As for whos the better player is a different arguement.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts