APG 4.7
SPG .85
BPG 1.32
FG% .510
FT% .789
3P% .400
MPG 38.3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now some of these players may be more talented than Elton Brand, but EB is having a superior season compared to all of them. Why the hell is Brad Miller there? He's not even the best PF on his team (He is playing PF this season so I consider him a PF). Andre Kirilenko is good, but he isnt an allstar player...yet. Dirk is an allstar, but he is having a sub-par season and frankly doesnt deserve to be there. All I have to say is WTF to all the coaches who voted for these players instad of Elton. SHAME ON YOU!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Let's be real.. The all-star game is more of a popularity contest than anything!.. So I can see why he wasn't picked by the fan's!.. But.. The coach's?.. I guess he's not the "sexy" pick!.. Dirk and AK have huge fan following's, while B.Miller play's for the Kings!.. Is it fair?.. Hell nah!.. Does it happen all the time?.. Hell yes!

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Unfortunately, team sucess plays a huge role in being selected, as you can tell. Brad Miller was selected because he is having a great year, but he is on one of the best teams in the NBA, and he is a major contributor.

I think Elton Brand definitely should have made it over Kirilenko, but again, teams sucess seems to be a huge factor.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Elton Brand is an All-Star player, no doubts about that. Wouldn't take him over AK-47 though, that guy has been nothing but amazing for the 'overachieving' Jazz.

·
Registered
447 Posts
To me, Brand is the 4th best player so far in the West behind KG, AK-47, and Peja. I think both Brand And Matrix got shafted! The West should've gone in with 4 Guards (Peja, Ray, Sam, and Kobe) and 5 Forwards (KG, AK-47, Brand, Matrix, and Zach). Duncan, Dirk, and Brad should be the the 3 Center rotation.

Shaq should sit his butt down and let the deserving players for this year to play!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
AK-47 was chosen over Brand because The Powers That Be prefers that as many WHITES as possible, make the All Star team.
Of course many will dispute this, but, don't the Clippers have a better record than Utah?

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
I agree with the white thing I am white and I believe this. I just want to see the best players who deserve it. I dont think Dirk should be in it.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BobbyDigital32</b>!
Now some of these players may be more talented than Elton Brand, but EB is having a superior season compared to all of them. Why the hell is Brad Miller there? He's not even the best PF on his team (He is playing PF this season so I consider him a PF). Andre Kirilenko is good, but he isnt an allstar player...yet. Dirk is an allstar, but he is having a sub-par season and frankly doesnt deserve to be there. All I have to say is WTF to all the coaches who voted for these players instad of Elton. SHAME ON YOU!
Brand puts up impressive numbers, and is a very good player... but to say he's having a superior season than all of them?

Here's net +/- for all 4 players you've listed.

Elton Brand: +2.5
Dirk Nowitzki: +8.8
Andrei Kirilenko: +10.8
Brad Miller: +11.8

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: Elton Brand vs. Western Allstars

Originally posted by <b>BBallFan</b>!

Brand puts up impressive numbers, and is a very good player... but to say he's having a superior season than all of them?

Here's net +/- for all 4 players you've listed.

Elton Brand: +2.5
Dirk Nowitzki: +8.8
Andrei Kirilenko: +10.8
Brad Miller: +11.8
What exactly are you basing those numbers on?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Elton Brand vs. Western Allstars

Originally posted by <b>BobbyDigital32</b>!

What exactly are you basing those numbers on?
www.82games.com

That stat is called the roland rating. It measures the teams +/- per 48 when a specific player is on the court, the +/- per 48 when a specific player is off the court, and their net +/- is the difference between the two.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Originally posted by <b>dhook54</b>!
AK-47 was chosen over Brand because The Powers That Be prefers that as many WHITES as possible, make the All Star team.
Of course many will dispute this, but, don't the Clippers have a better record than Utah?
Should I even comment to this?

Maybe your forgetting that AK47 is one of the best defenders in the league. Also, look who Elton has to share the ball with, then look at who Dirk does.

Your statement is ridiculous.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Incredible logic there. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Also, look who Elton has to share the ball with, then look at who Dirk does.

Q and maggette???
2 of the top 50 scorers in the league

im not sayin they have the talent of mavs but they arent exactly nobody when it comes to scoring and shooting a lot of shots and handlin the ball for much of the shot clock

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by <b>Laker Freak</b>!
Isn't Brand 3rd in the league in efficientcy?
Last time I checked, he was.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
I am confused by this because Utah has had a better record than the Clippers the entire season. So where did you come up with this? :confused:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by <b>Weasel</b>!
I thought he was 2nd, did he drop down to 3rd recently?
Actually I just looked and he is second.
1. Kevin Garnett (Minnesota Timberwolves) 32.91
2. Elton Brand (Los Angeles Clippers) 27.19
3. Tim Duncan (San Antonio Spurs) 27.09

·
Registered
464 Posts
What does it take for Brand to get recognized on nba.com in the other statistical categories? At first I thought it was because he had missed those 13 games (or however many it was). But I looked and noticed that Allen Iverson has played one less game than Elton and he's on there in the PPG category. What gives?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts