Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm feeling like we should've stayed with him now. Man 5 for 5 in like 5 minutes ! ! ! We sure can use some of that ! ! !

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JB</b>!
I'm feeling like we should've stayed with him now. Man 5 for 5 in like 5 minutes ! ! ! We sure can use some of that ! ! !
Yeah, Krause should petition the league to let the Bulls play some regular season games vs. Algeria, too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's true, but remember if he does good tomorrow then you have to give him his props.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Because he'll be going against a pretty good team tomorrow.

·
Registered
579 Posts
EB is such a class act and I still like the guy. Algeria wasn't much of a cometition though. When I watch both Brand and Andre Miller, I kept thinking how the Clipps will be quite good this year.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You can still give EB some props even though algeria stinks. Brand was the the main in the paint scorer. Oneal couldn't score at will as as well as brand did. Brand has such long arms and soft touch and makes quick solid moves. Oneal relies on his length and height and really doens't have the solid moves brand does. Brand also showed some D with a bunch of blocks.

I just hope chandler continues to develop....

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Did anyone hear his quick interview on the floor right after the game tonight against Algeria? I was surprised; he correctly used the word "lackadaisical" in a sentence. It just surprised me; you don't think of athletes as being too, uh, intellectual. :laugh:

·
Registered
785 Posts
C'mon...give Brand his props. It doesn't matter if its an all-star NBA pf or an Algerian stiff...he still kills em.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by <b>local_sportsfan</b>!
C'mon...give Brand his props. It doesn't matter if its an all-star NBA pf or an Algerian stiff...he still kills em.
If Brand was still on the Bulls, you would be the first one to tell all of us not to get excited because he played well against a bunch of stiffs....

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KC</b>!

If Brand was still on the Bulls, you would be the first one to tell all of us not to get excited because he played well against a bunch of stiffs....
KC,

Your comment is about local_sportsfan and not about Brand or the Bulls. You are better than trying to make it personal with local_sportsfan, who has a point that no matter what the competition is, Brand gets his and then some.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JB</b>!
Because he'll be going against a pretty good team tomorrow.
Really? Besides Nowitzki, have you ever heard of any of these guys?

Mithat Demirel
Ademola Okulaja
Stefano Garris
Patrick Femerling
Jorg Lutcke
Marko Pesic
Pascal Roller
Henrick Rodl
Misan Nikagbatse
Stephen Arigbabu

I'm not trying to disparage the German team or anyone else, but after three seasons of averaging 20/10 against the best players in the world, winning ROY honors, and being named to the NBA all-star team, why have the World Games all of a sudden become the measuring stick as to whether Elton deserves his "props" or not? When you think about it, doesn't that sound just a little ridiculous?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Rodl has been on the German teams for years
and Okulaja used to play for North Carolina.
Femerling is a decent 7 footer.

But your point is correct. The World Championships are well below the NBA in terms of talent.

Almost any NBA tean could win these championships. Granted, the yugoslavs would be tough, Even the Bulls could beat them( at least with
Rose and Williams ).

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DickieHurtz</b>!

I'm not trying to disparage the German team or anyone else, but after three seasons of averaging 20/10 against the best players in the world, winning ROY honors, and being named to the NBA all-star team, why have the World Games all of a sudden become the measuring stick as to whether Elton deserves his "props" or not? When you think about it, doesn't that sound just a little ridiculous?
If I could find an applause smilie, I'd put it here.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wiggum</b>!
Did anyone hear his quick interview on the floor right after the game tonight against Algeria? I was surprised; he correctly used the word "lackadaisical" in a sentence. It just surprised me; you don't think of athletes as being too, uh, intellectual. :laugh:
I'm not surprised at all. Elton has truly demonstrated that he is the posterchild for the cliche saying "a gentleman and a scholar." Maybe he's also getting lessons from Fenwick HS/Duke scholar Corey Maggette...

I also must say that I didn't get many opportunities to see Clippers games last year, but if his performance against an admittedly undersized, overmatched Algeria is any indication, those people who evaluated EB as having reached maximum improvement at the time of The Trade were underestimating the man. He was a very good player when he left the Bulls. He looks like he is developing into a monster.

As Freddie Prinze (Sr.) used to say...Loooooking Goooood.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TJ</b>!
Rodl has been on the German teams for years
and Okulaja used to play for North Carolina.
Femerling is a decent 7 footer.

But your point is correct. The World Championships are well below the NBA in terms of talent.

Almost any NBA tean could win these championships. Granted, the yugoslavs would be tough, Even the Bulls could beat them( at least with
Rose and Williams ).
Rodl also played for Carolina.

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wiggum</b>!
And that's why I like a school like Duke or Northwestern, because you know the guys on the court (or field or whatever) didn't have to take the SATs 4 times just to get NCAA-qualifying scores. They're athletic and smart.

Just wait 'til the first time Jay Williams uses a word like "quintessential." ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts