1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gerald Green played very well in the actual game but was not as good in
the practices. We will get another opportunity to see him in an
upcoming All Star venue. We don't yet know that he will be in the draft but if
he is we will be sure to review him thoroughly as a potential pick.
There are several collge as well as international players that we like
also. - Nash

I don't think it is set in stone that Portland will be drafting Green if he is available, it seems to me that Nash has other prospects in mind first.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Even if it was set in stone, which there is no reason it would be, Nash will not as a matter of policy say which player he is likely to draft.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
just watched green in his final dunk wow impressive

no gm will say who they are looking at and who they like.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Doesn't really matter what Nash thinks, since he's going to be canned at the end of the season anyway. The fact the organization is grooming Pritchard to take over the GM duties at season's end is about the worst kept secret I can remember as a Blazer fan.

I love how they conveniently scheduled the Fan Forum the day before the McDonald's All-American game so they wouldn't have to explain why Nash was mysteriously gone from the discussions about the future of the team.

Actually, to be honest with you, I think the organization will demote Nash to a scouting position, as that's what it seems he likes doing better than making attempts at trades and free agent acquisitions of current NBA players anyway.

Kevin Pritchard will make the final decision on who we select with our pick or whether we trade it.

I wouldn't bother yourself with John Nash emails at this point in time.

-Pop

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Anyone ever think that maybe that was the plan all along? Maybe Nash was hired more as an interim GM to begin with, with the understanding that he was grooming Pritchard and would be placed in a scouting position upon completion of his initial 2 yearrs?

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
I don't understand why people are thinking that Nash or any GM is going to say what they really think? The only way a GM would say anything about a player is if they had the number one pick and were a sure fire bet to take him with that pick and even then......why show your cards?

Hey check me out I have four Ace's, who wants to up the bet? I just don't get it. I think that we will have a lot of speculation on players up to and pass the NBA draft, tlong might even complain that the Blazers pick up a player that is to tall, who knows :whoknows:

I personally think that Portland is going to pick the best player available with their pick, even if it is a point guard or small forward, but that is just the way I feel now. If they can get a bigman and move Joel for something needed and it makes the Blazers better, so be it. We really need to stop saying that John Nash isn't doing anything or telling us everything, because he isn't suppose to tell us squat, if he is a real good GM. We all get to see what is going on once the Blazers have made their pick and we can pick up from there.

·
Registered
910 Posts
enough highschool guys for christ sakes. we already have miles who hasn't developed all the way, telfair,oneal, and monia for next season. we need a guy who played in college, and has structure and is clutch. not another project player like every highschooler is.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
tradetheo said:
telfair,oneal, and monia for next season.
O'Neal? I thought he was 'no longer with the team'

And BTW, Monia is not a high schooler. He's like 22-23 years old.

·
Registered
910 Posts
sorry, wasn't even thinking of him but just typed his name. but monia has no nba experience, and is a project, along with krapya,miles, and telfair that is alot of project players who will be counted on next season. why bring another one along? need to try a guy who has at least 3-4 years of college.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
tradetheo said:
sorry, wasn't even thinking of him but just typed his name. but monia has no nba experience, and is a project, along with krapya,miles, and telfair that is alot of project players who will be counted on next season. why bring another one along? need to try a guy who has at least 3-4 years of college.
But Monia, just like Khryapa, has 3-4 years of European PROFESSIONAL experience. Khryapa has already shown he's ready to contribute THIS season. Monia will also be ready to go by next year. He's really not a project pick. He's ready to play.

None of the top 10 or so picks will be seniors, so why would we reach and pick one just because he's got 4 years experience?

The

·
Registered
910 Posts
i forgot outlaw, and even zach has some defensive things to work out. maybe we just need a fundemental guy, who plays o and d. maybe try to get artest from indy with a trade and the pick.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Nash as a nash i think would be a very good idea, i beleive his time as a Gm are all but gone plus he is better at scouting, maybe he is just burnt out at doing the gm think. Nash seems to enjoy being a scout more than a gm anyways, i think it would be a good move for both parties.

monya has won a championship in a pro-league he is far from a high school.

·
Registered
910 Posts
euro league isnt the nba. not even same league. olympics was a team put together by names. if we sent over our best teams, and played in their league, say the spurs,pistons, heat any of those teams, i bet you our 1 team is a dynasty. he needs to adjust to this league, and win here, which is hard to do.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
tradetheo said:

why is Monia a "project" but any rookie for next year wouldn't be?

and why if he even considered a "project"? Viktor isn't. Telfair isn't. Monia isn't.

The "projects" we have are outlaw and ha. Thats it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
hap, you're wrong again. telfair is a project, as he is a pg straight out of highschool. he isn't burning it up out there, and honestly shouldn't be starting right now unless he is the last option like he is right now. and monia is a project, along with krapya as they are both rookies, who have never played in the nba. its a big leaop to go from euro or college to the pros.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts