Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so right now UPN in New York is carrying Providence, with Prov up 28 24 right now. I see ESPN Plus in the graphic in the corner. Is this being picked up in the midwest? Another chance to watch Emeka.

Later today at 2pm I also have Duke at Georgetown on CBS. Some Chicagoan please tell me if this game is nationally covered as well.

So at least for me, today is a great day to check out these two future lotto picks.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
how is emeka doing dmd?

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
how is emeka doing dmd?
He's solid but not spectacular. I haven't been able to watch that carefully, but he's got 11 points right now. He threw down an absolutely ferocious dunk in traffic. I don't think he's had too many blocks, but his D still looks great. I love how he doesn't jump until the very last minute.

Still, Ryan Gomes has been able to score at will even with Okafor guarding him. He's got 22 points with 17 minutes to go.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!

He's solid but not spectacular. I haven't been able to watch that carefully, but he's got 11 points right now. He threw down an absolutely ferocious dunk in traffic. I don't think he's had too many blocks, but his D still looks great. I love how he doesn't jump until the very last minute.

Still, Ryan Gomes has been able to score at will even with Okafor guarding him. He's got 22 points with 17 minutes to go.
I found it on satellite. thanks for the headsup mate

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Emeka in the last 2 minutes has thrown 2 outstanding passes. One that led to a foul in traffic and an outlet pass that led to an easy 2. Gomes is having the game of his life

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
4 minutes and change and Providence leads uconn by 5

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
52 seconds and Providence up 9

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
a couple of observations from my viewing of the second half, I didnt see the first half

I dont see why people love Ben Gordon at all. The guy didnt do anything. He and brown did not control the tempo at all. And they both seem like streaky shooters from the outside. Gordon, IMO, is someone to stay away from on draft day

Ryan Gomes had a great game. I didnt see the first half. I dont know if Emeka guarded him or not. But if this guy plays like this every night, he is a sleeper on draft day. Great game. 26pts

Emeka really was not as much of a factor in the last 10 minutes. Providence played outside and shot great, therfore reducing his shot blocking effectiveness. Okafor did own the glass and when he touched the ball, he scored. i wouldnt hang this loss on him, the UConn guards simply didnt get him the ball when he had position. Uconns spacing was awful. To give Okafor some credit, he made some great passes and changes ends as fast as a 6-10 player has in a long time. But for whatever reason, Uconn didnt get ride their horse today. i wouldnt hang this loss on him.

Villanueva was a total non factor. I dont like the kids body language. Thats not to say he wont be a pro or a good player. just not a great player. he hardly played and when he did, it actually hurt Uconn

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
ok here goes Deng Luol Show on CBS

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
first thought, Shavlik Randolph. what a waste. Here was a kid who was a definite first rounder out of HS. Goes to Duke and now doesnt even start. that has to hurt his stock some. I think the kid who is in Minny, whose name is skipping me right now, had it right.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
redick missed a FT%. He is shooting 98% this year

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
started off close but then Duke blew it wide open

Deng has been quiet. He is awfully unselfish and made the extra pass. But other then the first bucket of the game, he hasnt exploded and just beat his guy. he hasnt had too. As I am writing this, he has scored 4 pts in a row with great off the ball movement

Id like to talk about 3 other players

Shelden Williams. No one ever talks about him. And I am guessing he is 6-9. Please tell me if I am Wrong. But he owns the boards. he blocks shots. He has a pro body. gets great position and has a very mature back to the basket game. he will be a Zach Randolph like steal for someone late or in mid first round. Very athletic

JR Redick. I think cause he is a white boy that will scare off the pros. It shouldnt. he is 6-3-6-4 and has good a shooter at this level as I have ever seen. If Casey Jacobsen can be a first rounder, and he is a nice player, then Redick should go from 12-15. I love this kids game. with Shooting so scarce in the league, he could be the difference.

Duhon has fallen off alot of peoples radar cause of his shooting. He will start getting people back on his radar. he made a 30 footer in transition. He is creating for people. he beats people off the dribble and can hit the floater. He is this years Troy Bell. he is absolutely the definition of a pure 1.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
started off close but then Duke blew it wide open

Deng has been quiet. He is awfully unselfish and made the extra pass. But other then the first bucket of the game, he hasnt exploded and just beat his guy. he hasnt had too. As I am writing this, he has scored 4 pts in a row with great off the ball movement

Id like to talk about 3 other players

Shelden Williams. No one ever talks about him. And I am guessing he is 6-9. Please tell me if I am Wrong. But he owns the boards. he blocks shots. He has a pro body. gets great position and has a very mature back to the basket game. he will be a Zach Randolph like steal for someone late or in mid first round. Very athletic

JR Redick. I think cause he is a white boy that will scare off the pros. It shouldnt. he is 6-3-6-4 and has good a shooter at this level as I have ever seen. If Casey Jacobsen can be a first rounder, and he is a nice player, then Redick should go from 12-15. I love this kids game. with Shooting so scarce in the league, he could be the difference.

Duhon has fallen off alot of peoples radar cause of his shooting. He will start getting people back on his radar. he made a 30 footer in transition. He is creating for people. he beats people off the dribble and can hit the floater. He is this years Troy Bell. he is absolutely the definition of a pure 1.
Williams is listed at 6 9. If he had two more inches, he'd be a first rounder for sure. Maybe he can be a player in the league. That lefty layup was killin, who knew he had that? He just doesn't really score much for Duke, but he's a garbage man par excellence.

Duhon is 100% solid but always underwhelming to me. You're right, he's a pure 1, no doubts at all. He'll get drafted, I think, but I don't know if he's a dangerous enough threat as a scorer to scare people in the pros. But I do think his game will translate pretty well.

If Reddick was only a little taller. That's one of the prettiest shots I've ever seen. Better than Hinrich's. Jacobson has that few more inches of height. I haven't really seen him put the ball on the floor much, but if he can he should be a first round pick. He's no point guard, though, that's for sure. He has to play the 2 in the league, and although his D is pretty good, I don't know how he would hold up in the league. I assume he has range up to 24 feet. He could be a hell of a sleeper because he's white and short.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
i think the current starting 5 for Duke will all be first round picks at one point or another

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
williams is a man among boys

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Reggie was pretty skinny. I only caught like a few minutes of Deng this season. He's like a smaller quicker Donyell physically

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>johnston797</b>!

Does anyone else remember Reggie Williams at Georgetown? And does Deng remind you of him at all?
I thought Reggie was more of an off the ball shooter but its an interesting comparison

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
a couple of observations from my viewing of the second half, I didnt see the first half

I dont see why people love Ben Gordon at all. The guy didnt do anything. He and brown did not control the tempo at all. And they both seem like streaky shooters from the outside. Gordon, IMO, is someone to stay away from on draft day

Ryan Gomes had a great game. I didnt see the first half. I dont know if Emeka guarded him or not. But if this guy plays like this every night, he is a sleeper on draft day. Great game. 26pts

Emeka really was not as much of a factor in the last 10 minutes. Providence played outside and shot great, therfore reducing his shot blocking effectiveness. Okafor did own the glass and when he touched the ball, he scored. i wouldnt hang this loss on him, the UConn guards simply didnt get him the ball when he had position. Uconns spacing was awful. To give Okafor some credit, he made some great passes and changes ends as fast as a 6-10 player has in a long time. But for whatever reason, Uconn didnt get ride their horse today. i wouldnt hang this loss on him.

Villanueva was a total non factor. I dont like the kids body language. Thats not to say he wont be a pro or a good player. just not a great player. he hardly played and when he did, it actually hurt Uconn
well i saw the 1st half and gomes owned okafor for like 17 points on 9 shots...he kind of exposed emeka as a man defender save for one very good block on gomes at the end of the 1st half

okafor's post game imo opinion is very weak considering his production and expected offensive impact , he is pyhsically dominant but doesn't really use it , he instead throws up a jump hook that is not the most effective thing in the world after doing usually a poor job of setting up for it

rebounding and team defense okafor is the best in the college game right now , but he isn't the refined product people are making him out to be , he needs work still especially with his post game

1 - 20 of 20 Posts