Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Ainge has to fire his whole coaching staff and get Tommy, K.C. and a couple of other guys to come in and coach the team on an emergency basis.

Not in a month-- now.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
You have to be kidding me.
If that ever happened you would be the first one here blaming them after they lost their first game .

What happened to losing a few games but developing the rookies?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>lastlaugh</b>!
You have to be kidding me.
If that ever happened you would be the first one here blaming them after they lost their first game .

What happened to losing a few games but developing the rookies?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
They didn't develop the rookies. McCarty played far too much. Mike James was just horrendous and played far too much. Carroll took Mihm out after one defensive mistake and din't put him back until the game was long lost. Hunter was playing well and then was taken out in the second quarter, at which time NY quickly built up a double digit lead.

This was just another pathetic display of Paul ball by the usual suspects. If Blount had not played a career came, they would have lost by 40.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!

They didn't develop the rookies. McCarty played far too much. Mike James was just horrendous and played far too much. He took Mihm out after one defensive mistake and din't put him back until the game was long lost. Hunter was playing well and then was taken out in the second q

Im sorry but you can't get on this guy for one game, or two whatever, has he even ever been a head coach in the NBA? Its not exactly easy.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>Richie Rich</b>!

Im sorry but you can't get on this guy for one game, or two whatever, has he even ever been a head coach in the NBA? Its not exactly easy.
It was a terrible coaching performance. The current staff appears to have none of O'Brien's strengths, but all of his weaknesses. Ainge should have cleaned house right away.

Bring in DJ or Cowens on an interim basis. Bring in George Karl.

How about Charles Barkley or Conan O'Brien? At least there would be some comic relief in post game press conferences, not just on the basketball floor.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well I'm certainly not happy with what O'Brien did. :mad: He quit on the team when it was vulnerable and that immediately put great pressure on Ainge. Now the team seems to be in a free-fall.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jbs</b>!
Well I'm certainly not happy with what O'Brien did. :mad: He quit on the team when it was vulnerable and that immediately put great pressure on Ainge. Now the team seems to be in a free-fall.
I heard on ESPNNEWS that O'Brien offered to resign after season's end, but the C's front office made his resignation effective immediately. That's why the C's are going to pay O'Brien the remainder of this season salary.

If we are going to throw away the season in order to develop players, and get better draft position, there's no need to bring more interim coaches. We all know that at season's end, Ainge is going to clean house with the remaining coaches anyway. We are not pushing for this years playoffs. Otherwise we wouldn't have traded EWill. That we have a chance to make the playoffs... we do have some talent.

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
I don't get why you're pissed off at O'Brien. All he's done is go the playoffs with his guys and his boss goes and deals them for a bunch of guys he wants nothing to do with. Its hard to work in an evironment when your boss is not aiming for success.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!

It was a terrible coaching performance. The current staff appears to have none of O'Brien's strengths, but all of his weaknesses. Ainge should have cleaned house right away.

Bring in DJ or Cowens on an interim basis. Bring in George Karl.

How about Charles Barkley or Conan O'Brien? At least there would be some comic relief in post game press conferences, not just on the basketball floor.

I am not disagreeing with the fact that Carroll is a bad coach, you just cannot sey it's his fault, I mean who really saw this coming so quickly? I certainly didn't, we need a real coach, yes, and we need one now/

·
Registered
116 Posts
Originally posted by <b>agoo101284</b>!

I don't get why you're pissed off at O'Brien. All he's done is go the playoffs with his guys and his boss goes and deals them for a bunch of guys he wants nothing to do with. Its hard to work in an evironment when your boss is not aiming for success.
Ainge's job is to plan for the future. The old core of the team didn´t realistically have a chance to go all the way.
I have a feeling that O'Brien got too close to some of the older players and just wanted to keep everything as before. Regretfully that wasn't possible if the team was going to get further.
O'Brien wasn't willing to give the promising players that Ainge drafted a chance nor Ainge himself.

Also to el_raulin: Ainge didn't have any choice but to let O'Brien quit immediately. You can't have a coach that doesn't believe in the job at hand.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

Are you kidding me? Poor Danny Ainge?
Who do you think put this team and that coach on the floor. Danny did. He didn't hire Jim but he resigned him to a longer contract and he didn't fire him.

This team is a free for all because Danny Ainge made it that way.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Open your minds guys.

Ainge is head of basketball operations. O Brien is just the coach. the employee should follow the boss or should at least have made an attempt to try out the boss' idea. It was written in a column that O brien did regret his decision. ( He should coz there might be no other takers in this league. )

Let's put it this way. the team is more talented. but the hard headed coach wouldnt open his eyes to see what he got. he only have feelings for the old players. This also is the reason why we haven't develop even one single player of note out of the draft the last 3 years.

Believe me. The team that hires O Brien would regret their decision. This coach is suited to coach only in college. ( even his resume as a coach of St. Joseph once upon a time was lousy. )

Now, we are free falling. not because of O Brien's resignation. but the new coach it appears doesn't have it as a coach.

There is also a column that states that the celtics team is devided into 2 teams, the old and the new. That is the coach's fault. He must be the one to instill oneness among team members, not playing favorites.

Hope you all get this right.

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
Originally posted by <b>andy787</b>!
There is also a column that states that the celtics team is devided into 2 teams, the old and the new. That is the coach's fault. He must be the one to instill oneness among team members, not playing favorites.

Hope you all get this right.
Actually, the article in question states that Ainge has been treating the guys like there are two seperate teams, not O'Brien.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Agoo i did not see the article but think it is referring to dannys privately coaching banks and pierce. Any development in banks game, must be attributed to ainge and not obrien..

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
We're screwed

Carroll's substitution patterns bother me. Playing Pierce 20 straight minutes in the first half, then benching him for the last four minutes of the half? What is that?

Some of the other substitution patterns are questionable. Personally, I was surprised Lester Conner wasn't given the nod.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts