Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Re: Emmanuel Mudiay

I would want to play for Larry Brown. But damn he couldn't get a better job than SMU?

·
51,446 Posts

Going pro overseas

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts

This guy is a top 3 prospect. Is this the first time someone with that much hype has gone pro oversees rather than playing in college? This has to be a bigger deal than Brandon Jennings, right?

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts

The real reason is someone probably offered him a crap load of money and he said "for one year, sure why not?" He was eligible, but there is suspicion that he and/or his relatives took some cash.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts

Yep. He cited his mom struggling, as well. Just go and get paid without having to worry about it clouding your eligibility.

·
Administrator
26,979 Posts

The real reason is someone probably offered him a crap load of money and he said "for one year, sure why not?" He was eligible, but there is suspicion that he and/or his relatives took some cash.
I had heard from a friend two weeks ago (and one that's pretty plugged in) that he was about to be suspended for contact with an agent. So I just figured that the marching orders had come through and he was getting out while the getting was good.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts

Hahahahaha **** Larry Brown

Not a bigger deal than Jennings. Jennings was the top guy in his class.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts

Well, it's not a big deal because this high school class coming in, isn't really being hyped like that.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts

Not a bigger deal than Jennings. Jennings was the top guy in his class.
Mudiay is top 3 on every major draft board right now. Chad Ford actually has him as the #1 overall pick next year. Jennings was never rated that high (that I remember).

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts

I'm glad this kid is proving you don't have to go the NCAA route and still be a top pick.

Now hopefully people saying kids are forced to play in the NCAA for free and should be paid will shut the **** up.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts