Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Re: Emmanuel Mudiay

Oh that's interesting. Probably won't sit on the bench there... I think part of what made Jennings such a good rookie was how humbling his Italian experience made him, so who knows how this will work for Mudiay.

·
51,469 Posts

·
Administrator
67,767 Posts

Go Southern Tigers!!!

·
51,469 Posts
Emmanuel Mudiay would've topped this list a week ago. Through his first nine games in China, he's averaging 18.9 PPG, 6.6 RPG and 6.3 APG and shooting 49 percent from field. However, an ankle injury suffered late last week has him out a minimum of two weeks. The long-term prognosis is good, a source close to Mudiay told me. It isn't a serious injury. But his people are going to play it safe.

His stock is too high right now. Most scouts I've spoken with have him either No. 2 or No. 3 on their boards. Mudiay does have things to work on. After a hot shooting start, he's down to shooting 32 percent from 3 and he's averaging 3.1 turnovers per game. But overall, he's impressed everyone. A number of scouts are heading over to China in a couple of weeks to get an up-close look. We should know even more then.
-Chad Ford

·
51,469 Posts
Mudiay, who signed a one-year, $1.2 million deal with the Guangdong Tigers out of high school after committing to hometown SMU over Kansas and Kentucky, is easily the draft’s best playmaking prospect. With great size, superior athleticism and precocious passing instincts, Mudiay is a nightmare in transition. An ankle injury has left the teen in limbo, though, as the Tigers signed longtime NBA guard Will Bynum last week to fill in for Mudiay. Still, Mudiay has put up solid numbers in China, averaging 18.9 points, 6.6 rebounds and 6.3 assists in his first nine games.
http://www.si.com/nba/2014/12/10/nba-big-board-draft-jahlil-okafor-karl-towns-emmanuel-mudiay

·
Administrator
67,767 Posts

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
Looks like I may be wrong on the Mudiay / Russell debate.

I'm sticking to my guns with Mudiay.

Hooray for Mudiay.

Hooray for beer.

·
Administrator
26,979 Posts
For those that thought that Mudiay lacked an elite skill, Chad Ford identified a new one in his latest mock draft...

3 D'Angelo Russell- Philadelphia 76ers COLLEGE: Ohio State HT: 6-5 WT: 193 POS: PG
As I've said on multiple occasions, landing Russell at No. 3 would be a major boon to the Sixers. They desperately need both a point guard and a shooter, and Russell is the best in the draft on both counts. The Sixers also like Mudiay, though his elite lack of shooting ability appears to have him a tick below Russell right now. And don't count out Kristaps Porzingis here. Yes, they drafted Dario Saric last year and are high on him, but Porzingis is a terrific prospect and Sam Hinkie isn't afraid to take risks the way several GMs above and below him are. Especially if Russell ends up going ahead of the Sixers, I could see Porzingis landing here.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts