Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a true england fan, anyone here is an england fan?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am not a fan of the English NT. I am Dutch so this worldcup I am totally unbiased and just look at the teams and pick a couple teams who I like.

And that's certainly not England. Of course they have Scholes, who happens to be my favorite midfielder, but they play so poor and defensive-minded.

Man if you've Owen and Heskey or Fowler play more offensive with shots from the second line of Scholes they're very dangerous around the goal, but they play with to much emphasis on defence. They're very boring to watch and sorry that I've to say that I rather see them lose to the Brasilians (while I am no fan of the Brasilians in any way) than see such a poor team advance.

But then again we Dutch didn't make it to the WC, so.....I hate Van Gaal!

mzzls,

The Big Easy

·
Registered
388 Posts
Van Gaal is the current coach for FC Barcelona, History says he is very sucesfull with that club and with young guns like Javier Saviola he should have an extra boost, I've got a gut feeling he'll do good over there but we'll see.

England will be defeated by my favorite team on Friday, the Selecao.. Brazil! :cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
You're right about him being succesful in Barcelona, but he was succesful only in the Spanish league and with clubs as big as Barcelona they have to do well in the Champions League or else the season is still lost. And Van Gaal didn't do well in Europe, so a lot of socios doesn't see him as a succesful coach (like Johan Cruijff).

I hope that he does well, cuz as a trainer I still think he's one of the best in the world. He really makes people better players, but he's a lousy coach. In the qualification game between Ireland and the Netherlands he put Hasselbaink (one of the best pure scorers of the World. He has won the Portugese, Spanish and English scorer trophee!) at the right wing, while he's a pure striker. When he had put Kluivert behind the forwards and then played with Van Nistelrooy and Hasselbaink (when I am reading these names, I am still amazed that we didn't make it to the WC) than the team would have had more balance, but no Van Gaal didn't see that......

mzzls,

The Big Easy

·
Registered
388 Posts
Brazil wins 2-1.

Ronaldinho didn't deserve the red card, he is my favorite player, such a brilliant player!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am glad that the English are out of the WC and rightfully so. They didn't stand a chance against Brasil. I was almost right with my prediction that Owen would score against the mediocre Brasilian defense, but I am glad it wasn't enough!

Indeed didn't Ronaldinho deserve the red card. It's a shame, cuz he was by far the best player on the field. And what is Rivaldo an annoying and irritating player. Again he reached for his head like a brick had hit him, but again there wasn't much to it. I hope someone will break his league next time (too bad Butt wasn't defending him!). Now the Brasilians will have it easy against the winner of Senegal-Turkey. They will make the final and I hope they play against Spain, but I am afraid that the lucky Germans will reach the finals.

mzzls,

The Big Easy

·
Registered
388 Posts
Senegal have their hands full with Turkey before they have the luck to face us, sorry KC! ;)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
insane

is the wayt o describe Brasil. There touch is 2nd to none, they are born players, and i think that they will certainly win the cup without a doubt.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by KC
Senegal could give Brazil some problems....
lol, so true. those "black horses" are so underrated. I mean the forwards of the team.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts