Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like all UK fans to take a moment and reflect what the seniors (excluding Barbour and Heisenbuttel) have gone through while at the Bluegrass (thanks to the Cats Pause for the point-out).

Erik Daniels came to UK as a skinny PG in a somewhat frail body. After a less than stellar freshman year, Daniels was all ready to pack his bags, but Tubby convinced him to stay. He was a surprise player last year and is having a career year right now. Thanks to who? Tubby.

Cliff Hawkins came to UK as a defensive genius with little offensive game. He's come from about 50% FT shooting to about 70%. He's gone from awful 3-point shooter to consistent 3-point shooter. His defense has come a long way. Before getting recruited to UK, Hawkins was ready to go play basketball in New Mexico, but after Chris Duhon went to Duke, Hawkins soon became more interested in UK, and now he's here. How has he become so good? Tubby.

Gerald Fitch was known as a shooter coming out of high school. A shooter. That's it. Now he's a great defender and one of the best clutch performers in the SEC. He had a few disciplinary problems in the past, but has since acted like a Tubby Smith coached player should. How'd he become so good? Tubby.

The big thing is, if anyone recalls correctly, that these guys were considered "afterthoughts" by the media and recruiting 'experts'. They've come such a long way. Enjoy these players while you can, UK fans. They won't be here much longer.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Ladies And Gentlemen... I Present To You....

THE BEST STARTING 5 IN THE NATION!!

THE TEAM WITH THE MOST POTENTIONAL TO WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!

AND, THE BEST COACH IN THE NATION!!

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BrYaNBaIlEy06</b>!
Ladies And Gentlemen... I Present To You....

THE BEST STARTING 5 IN THE NATION!!

THE TEAM WITH THE MOST POTENTIONAL TO WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!

AND, THE BEST COACH IN THE NATION!!
Hey, are you trying to jinx us or what? :p

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Daniels has really done great things for UK. I'm really going to miss him next year.

Fitch is one of a kind. UK has never and never will have another player like him.

Hawkins has been great this year and I can only hope that Patrick Sparks can be half of the player that Hawk has been.

I have nothing to say about Barbour anyways... cursing isn't allowed here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts