Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Enough Idealism, time for realism.

931 views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  GB 
#1 ·
Lets stop talking about fantasy stuff, like the team actually winning a game, showing toughness, getting a stop, stringing together shots, making the playoffs, and crazy stuff like that.

Now lets talk realistic, who should represent us at the lottery?

#4 ·
sloth said:
Lets stop talking about fantasy stuff, like the team actually winning a game, showing toughness, getting a stop, stringing together shots, making the playoffs, and crazy stuff like that.

Now lets talk realistic, who should represent us at the lottery?
You'll be out of school by then. I vote mom and dad gas up the minivan and road trip you out there!

We'll send you a bbb.net t-shirt to wear for the event.

#5 ·
I vote for Dr. Barry Maron. For closure reasons, nothing more.

#12 ·
Darius Miles Davis said:
:cheers:

How about Pietkowski? Can you imagine if we won the lottery, and he knocked over Bernie Bickerstaff with the Pietkowski Punch?

:laugh: :laugh:

#14 ·
If we beat all the teams that have worse records than us and lose all but two games to the teams that have better records than us (including games against Philly, Washington, etc.), and if Philly does the same but wins all but two games that they're supposed to win, then we'll be in the playoffs.

If we actually beat Philly twice, then that will take care of the two games we're supposed to lose and the two games they're supposed to win.

In other words, if we win the games we're supposed to, lose the games we're supposed to, but beat Philly twice, then we're in the playoffs.

I put all of this in the Official Playoffs Thread. It's a long shot, no doubt, but I'd say that there's still about a 20% chance of making it.

#15 ·
Maybe Johnny Redd Kerr could do it this year. And the #2 pick in the draft goes to the...........toronto raptors, which means the #1 pick goes to the New York Knicks.

Johnny: What the heck! I thought the Bulls had 2 picks, what gives?
Lotto Guy: (in a whisper) The knicks picks is the Bulls
Johnny: Oh, in that case, the Bulls just beat the Raptors by the slimmest of margins.

#16 · (Edited)
Darius Miles Davis said:
:cheers:

How about Pietkowski? Can you imagine if we won the lottery, and he knocked over Bernie Bickerstaff with the Pietkowski Punch?

Piatkowksi says, "Easy there DMD. I know how to keep the emotions in check."

#17 ·
I wish the league would make the Knicks send a representative and that Dolan made Isiah sit in the Knicks chair. Could you imagine Zeke cringing as NYK is rewarded with the #1 pick or pumping his fist if they got the 3rd or 4th?

I do like the idea of Pike representing us. The idea of the karate chop to the side of Bickerstaff's head had me rolling!

#19 ·
dkg1 said:
I wish the league would make the Knicks send a representative and that Dolan made Isiah sit in the Knicks chair. Could you imagine Zeke cringing as NYK is rewarded with the #1 pick or pumping his fist if they got the 3rd or 4th?

I do like the idea of Pike representing us. The idea of the karate chop to the side of Bickerstaff's head had me rolling!
I think Dolan should make Zeke sit in the theatre at the Garden on draft night without benefit of body guards. You know those folks in the audience are gonna be rowdy as all get-out when its time for the Bulls to use the Knicks pick. Might do Zeke a little good to get in touch with the common man again.

#20 ·
kukoc4ever said:
Does anyone here know anyone who works with the city of Chicago?

We should make sure to get some street space and settle on the day for our "we're a loser but better than the knicks" parade this summer.

Think we'll get more than 10,000 people showing up?
Sure, I'll go. Anything to celebrate the hated Knicks suckyness. I still hate the Knicks from when Ewing, X-Man, Jackson, Starks and Oakley played for them. I still despise Zeke from his days in Detroit and for generally being a scumbag. What's not to love about the Knicks failure? Hopefully they suck worse next year and we can take their first round pick again. Am I happy where our franchise is? No, but I'll admit that seeing the Knicks stink has somewhat softened the blow.

#22 ·
kukoc4ever said:
Does anyone here know anyone who works with the city of Chicago?

We should make sure to get some street space and settle on the day for our "we're a loser but better than the knicks" parade this summer.

Think we'll get more than 10,000 people showing up?
Nobody likes a wiseacre.

:naughty:

Am I happy where our franchise is? No, but I'll admit that seeing the Knicks stink has somewhat softened the blow.
Very, very true.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.