Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And how the Bulls and Sixers were desperate. The Nets need to get their act together and play some defense like they did in the streak.

Last night the Mavs had everything in the world to play for (if they won they would have been a half game back of the Spurs for the #1 seed, instead of being the #4) and the Suns had nothing to play for because they totally locked up the #2 seed. What happened Suns 117 Mavs 104.

If the Suns can continue to play hard and beat teams with something to play for the Nets can too.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
The Suns need to beat the Mavs because they want to PROVE something..but us against Chicago or Philly we have nothing to prove...

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ravor44 said:
The Suns need to beat the Mavs because they want to PROVE something..but us against Chicago or Philly we have nothing to prove...
What? There's nothing to prove. If they played their bench and lost the Suns would have every excuse in the world to say the game meant nothing. Using that logic, playing your starters 30 something minutes and possibly losing sends a bad message in a meaningless game.

Hasn't the first 4 months of the season taught anybody that this team has a hard time just flipping a switch and playing well? I don't care if they lose, but this giving up 100+ points a night is a horrible habit to get into.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
You want to play our starters heavy minutes to beat these irrevelant teams? How about giving those minutes to the bench, increasing their confidence and chemistry, while resting the starters and saving them from injury.

·
Banned
320 Posts
Netted- said:
And how the Bulls and Sixers were desperate. The Nets need to get their act together and play some defense like they did in the streak.

Last night the Mavs had everything in the world to play for (if they won they would have been a half game back of the Spurs for the #1 seed, instead of being the #4) and the Suns had nothing to play for because they totally locked up the #2 seed. What happened Suns 117 Mavs 104.

If the Suns can continue to play hard and beat teams with something to play for the Nets can too.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

the nets first said they wanted to keep winning no matter what happen but the tune changed once they lost.

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
kdub said:
You want to play our starters heavy minutes to beat these irrevelant teams? How about giving those minutes to the bench, increasing their confidence and chemistry, while resting the starters and saving them from injury.
And playing the bench means losing and giving up a lot of points, which is not the best scenario, but is completely necessary.

Maybe the statrers could focus on giving up as few points as possible in the first quarter or something.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Netted- said:

Last night the Spurs got blown out by the lowly magic, giving them 3 losses in their last 5 games. Since the Magic are fighting for their playoff lives and the Spurs are currently cooling out at the top in the west I suppose I could argue that it meant more to the magic, but do I really have to? Guess what people, losses like this happen. Sometimes good teams get beaten by lesser teams. The Nets losing to the Bulls and Sixers is nothing to freak out over, those two teams played some inspired basketbal in order to beat the Nets, and NJ didn't match their effort. Again, sometimes these things happen. It's not a sign of doom to come in the playoffs. Going by Killa kadafi's logic the spurs will be lucky to get out of the 1st rd because they got blown out by the magic. Does anyone here agree with that sort of pre-school logic?

·
Banned
320 Posts
big furb said:
Last night the Spurs got blown out by the lowly magic, giving them 3 losses in their last 5 games. Since the Magic are fighting for their playoff lives and the Spurs are currently cooling out at the top in the west I suppose I could argue that it meant more to the magic, but do I really have to? Guess what people, losses like this happen. Sometimes good teams get beaten by lesser teams. The Nets losing to the Bulls and Sixers is nothing to freak out over, those two teams played some inspired basketbal in order to beat the Nets, and NJ didn't match their effort. Again, sometimes these things happen. It's not a sign of doom to come in the playoffs. Going by Killa kadafi's logic the spurs will be lucky to get out of the 1st rd because they got blown out by the magic. Does anyone here agree with that sort of pre-school logic?

pre school logic???

your comparing the nets to a three time nba champion basketball team??????

the magic are rolling and will be a force next year.

the bulls were injuried smaller and basically should have been an easy win for the nets.

the nets were outplayed plain and simple.

the spurs get a pass because you know their better this team has won 60 games and are the world champs. they could lose the rest of their games and no one will doubt they will be in the finals?

why because their experience, their winners, history and because their the spurs.

the same way the pistons are the pistons. they get the benifit of the doubt. these teams can turn it on.

the nets heat mavs and all those other teams. noooooooooooooooooope.

the mavs basically the colts of the nba.

heat good team will make it to ECF but will be destroyed by the best team

the nets you don't know what you going to get this team has no idenity RJ has admitted to this.

you never know what your going to get

are they going to play D?

will the bench produce?

will krstic get i foul trouble?

will kidd score or miss horrible ?

will carter settle for jump shots and long three's?

to many questions and not enough to be consistent.

the spurs and pistons are the best for a reason.

so pre school logic???

never ever ever ever ever ever ever compare spurs to the nets. that's like comparing jordan to michael redd, 2pac to ja rule, manning to ryan leaf.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
killa kadafi191 said:
pre school logic???

the bulls were injuried smaller and basically should have been an easy win for the nets.

the spurs get a pass because you know their better this team has won 60 games and are the world champs. they could lose the rest of their games and no one will doubt they will be in the finals?

why because their experience, their winners, history and because their the spurs.

the same way the pistons are the pistons. they get the benifit of the doubt. these teams can turn it on.

the nets you don't know what you going to get this team has no idenity RJ has admitted to this.

will the bench produce?

so pre school logic???

never ever ever ever ever ever ever compare spurs to the nets. that's like comparing jordan to michael redd, 2pac to ja rule, manning to ryan leaf.

Are you a Nets Fan?

I'll save you some time, NO.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
killa kadafi191 said:
pre school logic???

will the bench produce?

so pre school logic???

if everyone here thinks the netrs can win it all this year, why not compare them

·
Banned
320 Posts
JoeOtter15 said:
if everyone here thinks the netrs can win it all this year, why not compare them

one the nets are not even the best team in there conference.

the spurs are the best team in theirconference.

the spurs have a two time mvp winner a three time finals mvp. big man who might be on the decline but still is good for scoring in the paint defense and rebunding.

the spurs have tony parker a great young point guard who takes advantage of playing along side duncan and you can see kidd looking and wishing he was in parker place sometimes. parker gets to paint when he wants and scores frequent from their.

the spurs have a great bench.

Micheal Finely- scoring
brent barry- scoring and three point expert
robert horry-clutch clutch clutch clutch.
nick van- yea he might not be the same player but i dare for any team to not play d on him or leave him open.

Manu come on do i need to really remind you of 2003 finals and what he alone did to the nuggets last year.

Bruce Bowen- DEFENSE wins chips. you have a player who has shut down dirk allen carter and other scorers.

the spurs are champions for a reason

the nets are good but lets not go over board.

still the pistons and spurs till they lose.

edit: it's nothing wrong with hope but to compare the nets to spurs is insulting to the spurs.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The Magic are 35-44 and have no business beating the spurs, period. But they did and it throws your whole gloom and doom argument out the window. It's the exact same logic, and it's pre-school level. The nets could possibly face either the Bucks, Sixers, Wizards, Bulls or Pacers. The team with the best record in that group (washington at 39-39) is currently on a 4 game losing streak. The hottest team in that group (philly on a 3 game win streak) is currently on the outside of the playoffs looking in. Yet somehow the nets are in great danger of losing to one of these teams in the 1st rd, are you serious man?

If you think the nets have too many questions, their possible opponents should leave you completely befuddled. None of those teams have shown me nearly enough to make me think they'll take more than 2 games from the nets (at best).

Miami has shown that they can beat up on the bad teams but struggle mightily with the good ones. They've had a serious problem with keeping their key players healthy this season. These are far bigger points of concern than any problems the nets might have. I still believe that the nets can upset miami because the Heat haven't shown that they're that much better than them.

So again, I don't see things as being quite as bleak as you do. In the end this team is still far better than all the lower seeds we may possibly face in the 1st rd. It's still good enough to give Miami fits in the 2nd rd (possibly even upsetting them). About the worst thing you can say about this team is it's not good enough to beat the pistons. But that was true even during the win streak, I don't see how a couple of losses has really changed anything

·
Premium Member
69,620 Posts
I really dont get this whole lets panic thingy. Two losses against teams fighting for their playoff lives, big freaking deal. Just watching the emotions of the players out there and you know they are basically tanking it, it is imperative that no injuries are risked right now. 50 wins, 47 wins, big deal just a 3 win difference.

·
Banned
320 Posts
big furb said:
The Magic are 35-44 and have no business beating the spurs, period. But they did and it throws your whole gloom and doom argument out the window. It's the exact same logic, and it's pre-school level. The nets could possibly face either the Bucks, Sixers, Wizards, Bulls or Pacers. The team with the best record in that group (washington at 39-39) is currently on a 4 game losing streak. The hottest team in that group (philly on a 3 game win streak) is currently on the outside of the playoffs looking in. Yet somehow the nets are in great danger of losing to one of these teams in the 1st rd, are you serious man?

If you think the nets have too many questions, their possible opponents should leave you completely befuddled. None of those teams have shown me nearly enough to make me think they'll take more than 2 games from the nets (at best).

Miami has shown that they can beat up on the bad teams but struggle mightily with the good ones. They've had a serious problem with keeping their key players healthy this season. These are far bigger points of concern than any problems the nets might have. I still believe that the nets can upset miami because the Heat haven't shown that they're that much better than them.

So again, I don't see things as being quite as bleak as you do. In the end this team is still far better than all the lower seeds we may possibly face in the 1st rd. It's still good enough to give Miami fits in the 2nd rd (possibly even upsetting them). About the worst thing you can say about this team is it's not good enough to beat the pistons. But that was true even during the win streak, I don't see how a couple of losses has really changed anything

35-44 this is not the same team that lost a majority of those games and you will see that next year.

you will see the same team that beat the mavs heat spurs and pistons (even though rip was absent from that game) no excuse though.

the nets would have lost to the magic i would not have been concern. the magic are damn good.

yea the spurs lost.

but like i said the spurs and pistons could lose the rest of their games and no one will lose faith because of their history, character, will and basically as Rudy T once said "never under estimate the heart of champion"

nets always will be questioned as the heat and all other teams that aren't the pistons and spurs

·
Banned
320 Posts
big furb said:
Killa kadafi (who is either carter15nets or his mentally challenged twin brother)) is clearly not a nets fan. He's just someone that comes here to troll the board. His shtick is getting old and tiresome really fast

lol how am i not a fan cause i wont jump on the bandwagon??

i paid money to go see the nets played when they came to h-town.

when ever kidd comes back to texas it's must see event

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
So you have faith in a 35-44 Magic team becasue they beat the mavs, heat, spurs and pistons, but you don't have faith in the nets who are 47-31 and have beaten the mavs, heat, pistons, suns, grizzlies, nuggets (do I need to go on?). I'm confused kadafi, what the hell are you (poorly) attempting to argue here?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.