Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Future is Here
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been caught up in all the Olympic excitement that I've totally forgot about the start of the EPL season. Well I know I say it every year but this year could be one of the tightest especially amongst the top 4, Liverpool strengthen, Chelsea look as strong as ever, Manchester United is still Manchester United, Arsenal maybe a bit weaker but teams like Everton, Aston Villa, Tottenham should all compete heavily this season. Though the three promotional teams do seem like they will all be this season's Derby.

August 16
Arsenal vs West Brom
Bolton vs Stoke City
Everton vs Blackburn
Hull City vs Fulham
Middlesbrough vs Tottenham
West Ham vs Wigan
Sunderland vs Liverpool

August 17
Chelsea vs Portsmouth
Aston Villa vs Manchester City
Manchester United vs Newcastle

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Finally... been waiting for this

Eboue is playing in central midfield??? uh oh

the West Brom shirts look really old school without a sponsor on them

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I actually think West Brom dont look too bad. obviously they are outclassed but at least they are trying to play a bit. I think Hull and Stoke are definie goners.

I've got fantasy teams at espn and the premier league site.. maybe someone should make a league

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
I'm on the premier league site, so if you create a league I will join up with it :D

West Brom never look bad, I just don't see the fire power. Ishmael Miller is a Championship player and doesn't belong in the Premiership which is going to be massivley obvious this year.

·
The Future is Here
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tottenham vs Middlesbrough coming up next, should be a good one.

·
The Future is Here
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Much improved Newcastle, Guttierez should be a good signing if he stops trying to pathetically dive. Coloccini looked shaky at the beginning but he should vastly upgrade this Newcastle defence. Not a bad performance by Manchester United, of course I'm not happy that points were dropped, but considering the number of starters missing, and a much improved Newcastle side, it was ok. Definitely need to wrap up that Berbatov deal soon, and hope Ronaldo comes back before October.

Didn't catch the two other games today but did see the highlights of the Chelsea game, 4-0 thrashing of Portsmouth, Chelsea looked good.

Gonna try to catch the Villa game, apparently Agbonlahor scored a hattrick in a span of 7 minutes.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Chelsea looked amazing against Pompey, its kind of scary how good they could be this season. They looked Arsenal-like out there in terms of fluidity and ball movement but with a more direct approach in the final third.

Deco's goal was an absolute screamer..

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
United did not play well at all
Really? I didn't think we played badly. We lacked a cutting edge and in the second half we kinda ran out of ideas but we were missing two very important creative pieces. Other than the final 3rd, I think we played relatively well for an opening day fixture.

Gutierrez did indeed look good for Newcastle, I might have to take a trip to St James' Park sometime this season and watch him in action.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Oy, I'm friggin stoked by the Newcastle result. I thought they were going to get smashed by Man U. The Chelsea and Villa scores are a bit surprising

1 - 15 of 15 Posts