Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stats from DB.com
Most of us Mavs fan have come to the conclusion that during this time when we are struggling. Erick Dampier is an important part of the team. More important than we thought. These stats prove it
We are 7-6 since Dampier went down with that injury and 8-7 the entire year without Dampier.

With Dampier:

Record: 33-15 (.688 )

Mavs PPG: 102.5
Opp PPG: 97.0
Diff.: +5.5

Mavs FG%: .454
Opp FG%: .436
Diff.: +1.8%

Mavs RPG: 44.1
Opp RPG: 43.4
Diff.: +0.7

Without Dampier (for the season):

Record: 8-7 (.533)

Mavs PPG: 102.0
Opp PPG: 101.7
Diff.: +0.3

Mavs FG%: .450
Opp FG%: .458
Diff.: -0.8%

Mavs RPG: 40.9
Opp RPG: 45.9
Diff.: -5.0

With Dampier we are a much better rebounding team, better defensive team, better offensive team and a team that will not struggle to win many games.

Without Dampier we are barely a .500 team, a horrible rebounding team, a worse defensive team, and a stagnant offensive team.

This just proves to the people who thinks Dampier hasn't lived to expectations this season. We are not asking for him to be Shaq. But we are asking him to be a presence and imo he is went beyond many of our expectations and was having a great year before this injury.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Great Post....good stats...

I'm not really that mad that he has been out the past 3 weeks or so. I am more concerned of the fact that he will be ready for the playoffs. Hopefully, he will be more than 100% healthy and energized coming back, and he will be better than he was before he got hurt. If that is the case, I will take these bad weeks of playing in exchange for a healthy playoff run.....

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Those are incredibly significant numbers. It's funny because even early in the season when there was alot of complaining about Dampier not putting up numbers there was a few of us here saying that Damp's contribution is bigger than the number show.

I guess we needed to see how the team numbers change when he sits out to see the real significance.

It's almost scary how much this team misses the guy. I think we better make getting a good backup to Damp a priority in the off-season. We must have another Center who can come in and provide at least some of the things that Damp does. I don't know if MBenga or Pavel can fill that role.

I saw one of the posts in the another thread about Trying to get Gadzuric. While I am not sure at the moment how we could do that, it would be a nice move. Gadzuric is still fairly young so I don't see the Bucks letting him get away.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
mavsman said:
I saw one of the posts in the another thread about Trying to get Gadzuric. While I am not sure at the moment how we could do that, it would be a nice move. Gadzuric is still fairly young so I don't see the Bucks letting him get away.
With the right offer, The Bucks would give up Gadz.....he isn't their longterm solution at Center, and they would be willing to sell-high on him before his contract is up....

·
Registered
391 Posts
Damp is the only one holding us back from a good playoff run atm, we need him back to man the middle, or we can kiss any chances of a championship good bye.

·
Registered
427 Posts
aussiewill said:
Damp is the only one holding us back from a good playoff run atm, we need him back to man the middle, or we can kiss any chances of a championship good bye.
Championship? How can we win a championship when the coach doesn't even talk about that being the ONLY goal. This team needs A LOT more than Damp to have a real chance at a title. Like getting AJ as the coach who gets in the player's *** when they don't produce.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Well hey, we've been talking about our need for a center for 2 years, and Dampier has definitely been what we've needed. We're simply missing him in the middle. Having a good player in the middle does so much as far as throwing off an offense.

·
Registered
153 Posts
There is hardly anything to add to these stats, except that wish for Dampier to get back as soon as possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts