·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who wouldn't be able to see the game otherwise. :D

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Re: FYI.. Blazers/Houston Game On ESPN Tonight (7 PM PST)

I actually prefer watching the non-local broadcasts, as I like to here a "Non-biased" opinion of the Blazers players.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts

ABM said:
For those who wouldn't be able to see the game otherwise. :D

Is that just locally?

·
Registered
936 Posts

Schilly said:
I actually prefer watching the non-local broadcasts, as I like to here a "Non-biased" opinion of the Blazers players.

Totally agree. Getting that unbiased view of "the youth movement" should be interesting. Aside from the Telfair article on ESPN.com today, the Blazers "youth movement" hasn't been much of national story.

I'm looking forward to the game. Man, if Portland can find a way to win, and win in exciting fashion, the real buzz could begin about our future.....

·
Registered
1,228 Posts

Does anyone know if it's just the local ESPN that gets the game? I don't see it listed anywhere where it's on ESPN and only know if Philly/Suns that's on ESPN.

Sorry to ask, but I've been fortunate to have league pass the last few years, but since my move, I don't have it.. Thanks..

·
Registered
2,378 Posts

Schilly said:
I agree. I have league pass and have to say that its interesting hearing other teams announcers opinions. That being said, the Wizards announcers were my favorite so far. They seemed the most impartial announcers I've seen yet. At least for the one game I've heard them.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts

Scout226 said:
Does anyone know if it's just the local ESPN that gets the game? I don't see it listed anywhere where it's on ESPN and only know if Philly/Suns that's on ESPN.

Sorry to ask, but I've been fortunate to have league pass the last few years, but since my move, I don't have it.. Thanks..
I don't think ESPN does anything regional.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts

ABM - where did you get your info? I don't see it scheduled to be on ESPN.

ESPN does not regionalize NBA. They do regionalize some college hoops.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts

I'm in San Diego, any way I can catch this game without league pass? I know I can't, I am unsure of why I am asking.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Gym Rat said:
ABM - where did you get your info? I don't see it scheduled to be on ESPN....
Sorry about that, all. I was just going by my (not so) trusty Blazers schedule that I printed out from the O-Live website. I was a little disappointed when I went to watch the game last night - only to see the Suns/Philly game on instead. I guessed that it was changed due to the crappiness of the Blazers. ;)

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I thought you might be doing an early April Fools Joke...

·
Registered
16,001 Posts

Foulzilla said:
I agree. I have league pass and have to say that its interesting hearing other teams announcers opinions. That being said, the Wizards announcers were my favorite so far. They seemed the most impartial announcers I've seen yet. At least for the one game I've heard them.
Hearing other announcers is one of my favorite parts of having league pass. The different approaches (from the relatively unbiased Lakers announcers to the terrible homers of the Warriors) gives a glimpse into what fans in other cities see and hear on a daily basis.

It's good to get a chunk of Blazers' games announced by the Blazers' crew, but generally I prefer to have the alternate perspective.

Ed O.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I haven't seen broadcasts by many other teams, but last year I caught a game by the Mavericks announcers. The worst announcers and the worst homers I've seen. It was a miserable experience.

Edit: There was a game during the east coast trip this year that I caught the other team's announcers. I can't remember, maybe it was Washington or the Nets but I loved their announcers. So yeah, it's fun to get the other perspectives.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts