Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's being courted by European teams:

A report by basketball site HoopsHype quoted Ilyasova's agent, Tolga Tugsavul, as saying the Turkish player was seriously considering accepting "a big offer" from a European club. Tugsavul said it was a four-year offer.

Tugsavul told the site that Ilyasova had offers from three European teams in addition to the Bucks, Brooklyn and Toronto in the NBA. He said Ilyasova would make a decision by next week.

The 6-foot-10 Ilyasova is an unrestricted free agent. He finished second in balloting for the league's most improved player award last season, placing behind Orlando Magic forward Ryan Anderson.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/nets-showing-interest-in-ilyasova-4i60lq4-161295685.html

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Don't think I would pay sticker price for anything his agent says before he gets a contract. Seems like his market value is something like 4 million per year in the NBA and more if a couple teams really want him. That's a huge contract in Europe.

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Y! Sources: Nets target Ersan Ilaysova -- Plan B for Dwight Howard - has 5-year, nearly $40M offer to stay with Bucks.

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
Don't think I would pay sticker price for anything his agent says before he gets a contract. Seems like his market value is something like 4 million per year in the NBA and more if a couple teams really want him. That's a huge contract in Europe.
Ilyasova is 6'10", 24 years old and coming off of an NBA season where he averaged an efficient 13 ppg and 8.8 boards in 27 mpg. There is no way he's going anywhere for 4 million per year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts