Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5,562 Posts
its weird that a lot of these last games of the year arent on tv. theres been like 3 lately that have been added.

I wonder if its because of baseball season.

Its sad that the lakers who werent even supposed to make the playoffs this year got so many national games, and we cant even get regular, important games on local TV.

Im also concerned about the merger of WB and UPN next year. I started a thread a while back on it. WB and UPN are combining to make the CW on channel 5 next year, in order to compete with fox, etc. IMO, that means goodbye clippers because theres no way they will kick off Los angeles prime time TV for a clipper game on a big network. (even the lakers are on the indepednent channel 9). So i wonder where that leaves the clippers next year. Maybe they have to go to the soon to be independent channel 13, and that will mean no clipppers in HDTV anymore.

· Registered
1,122 Posts
Clippers will find a home on the air. I believe Clips broadcasts are pretty good audience draws. I'm not sure how the airing rights work or cost though. Clips are pretty popular in L.A., even though it doesn't seem like it sometimes. Attendence has been pretty good the last few years, Clips gear has been selling pretty well.

Funny story though, about the lack of respect the Clippers get. This was about 3-4 years ago with Odom, D Miles, Q (Richardson), getting alot of attention and buzz playing some pretty exciting basketball. Clips were playing the Warriors (who had some buzz of their own in those days), but they weren't showing it on TV. So me and a friend figured the only place to see it would be a sports bar- and what better than the Fox SkyBar by Staples Center, home of the Clips? Turns out there was a L.A. Kings [email protected] and all the TVs were on that or UCLA Bruins basketball, except for one way over in the corner next to the bar. So we had to ask them to switch the game over to two TVs near our seats so we could watch the Clips. Me and my friend had to eat over priced buffalo wings and beer only to watch the Clips without sound on two tiny overhead TVs. Sad...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.