Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Chris Webber returned to Arco Arena on Monday night and showed why Kings fans developed such deep-seated feelings about him during a seven-year run that lifted an after-thought of a team to a perennial playoff contender.

He also showed why the Kings are better off without him.
Full article here:
Skinner, Thomas outperform Webber

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
It's completely fair, since they basically traded Webber for three guys, they're saying he's better than all three put together.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
sliccat said:
It's completely fair, since they basically traded Webber for three guys, they're saying he's better than all three put together.
Well I'd say the Sixers are still a better team with Webber than they were with Kenny Thomas and Brian Skinner. The major difference here that people aren't noting is that the Kings were a better team than us either way.

To see if the Kings are, I think we'll really have to see how they do in the post season, because they've always been a fairly good regular season team.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
sliccat said:
Excuse me?
The trade wasn't only for Webber. It was a 6 player trade - 3 players from ea team.
ESPN could've worded it better but they meant to write it that way to stir controversy.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
ESPN wants you to read it. If it's fair you wouldn't bother wasting your time on it.

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
alleninsf said:
Excuse me?
The trade wasn't only for Webber. It was a 6 player trade - 3 players from ea team.
ESPN could've worded it better but they meant to write it that way to stir controversy.
And how many minutes have those two played combined? exactly.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Sometimes having two guys who come off the cap quickly are more important then the guys who play.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts