Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Power Rankings: There's a new No. 1 in town

Which helps explain why it didn't take long for the first change at the top of Marc Stein's NBA Power Rankings.

A clinical week from the Pistons, combined with San Antonio's second straight Saturday setback on the road, propelled Detroit into the top spot.

Washington, meanwhile, climbed from No. 8 to No. 3 after following up a loss to the surprising Los Angeles Clippers (now up to No. 7) by shredding Seattle by 41 points and then inflicting loss No. 2 on the Spurs.

Read on to see how your team ranks and click here to send Stein some feedback.

SportsNation: Rank them yourself!

10 (19) | Cavaliers | 5-2 Good response to a poor start. A 4-0 week, even against so-so comp, put Cavs in Team O' The Week running and merits a return to the top 10.
Cleveland seems to be slowly gaining a little respect. I'm sure most of you guys don't take Power Rankings too seriously (I don't either), but they're fun to check up on time to time.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Re: ESPN.com | NBA | Power Rankings

With a win over Washington they should move up. I thin they will climb and be a little bit higher at the end of the year.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Seems like a weird rating system: Why are the 76ers so high? - doesn't make a whole lot a sense.

Plus it's so early in the season that strenght of schedule makes a huge difference. Anyone know of a site that keeps a real time measure of strength of schedule?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts