Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ESPN's continues it's criticism of the Blazers trashing our game against Memphis and the team in general and says Ruben is right to whine and then does a complete flip-flop saying there is somehow hope at the end. Make up your mind Neel!

The Blazers are bad. Young and bad. Every discussion having to do with this team in the last few years has been about the citizenship, or lack thereof; you can't write a Portland story without throwing a Cheech and Chong joke into the mix. But those stories have distracted us from talk of a club that ranks 26th in points surrendered per 100 possessions (109), 27th in points scored per 100 (99.3), and 27th in turnovers per game (16.4).

They play poor team defense (I lost track of how many times Grizzlies players, a group not exactly known for creating their own shots, took uncontested shots in free space tonight). They make bad decisions, forcing balls into traffic, imagining alley-oops that aren't there, and sometimes settling for Zach Randolph jump shots from 18 feet (a thing that should only happen in games of H-O-R-S-E in his backyard, and even then the polite guests will avert their eyes so as not to embarrass their gracious host).
So he trashes out play in the Memphis game but never once mentions how Memphis played. If we are so horrid and still beat Memphis what does that have to say about them.

But if you're a Portland season-ticket holder or a loyal fan (presuming there are any of those left) rather than, say, an underused small forward, you might just want to hang in there with this group. I know that sounds crazy. I know you get up every morning and read the blotter before you read the boxscore these days, but there are flashes of hope with this club.
Thanks for the glimmer of hope Mr. Neel do you realize this era of the Blazers is over and that "jailblazer" jokes are long played out.

The whole bunch of them are long and lean and full of spring. Which is to say, Nate's right too; they should go young. Ruben should sit. It's just going to take a while.
So is Ruben right like you said in the first two paragraphs or is Nate right. Damn this garbage is just confusing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-051123

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Already posted. See "BS ESPN article."

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talkhard said:
Already posted. See "BS ESPN article."
DOH! Well i'll just wait for the merge monster to gobble this up then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts