Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Whatever combination they can make that forces us to pay for more subscriptions will be the one that happens
Regardless, it will be better than what the CAA did with the football streaming. $9.99/month with a year's commitment to a notoriously unreliable FloSports to watch 9 Maine football games? Pass.

At least ESPN+ gets you a ton of other stuff and it doesn't crash repeatedly.

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
At $4.95 per month ESPN+ seemed like a great deal last season. A lot of the conferences are on it and the stream was very reliable.
Agreed, big fan. Really hope AE puts all games there. I know some get ESPN3 still but lots of non-cable providers of TV services have dropped this from their package.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah, I think + is an unusually good deal for the world of televised sports. I watched about a million hours of the FIBA World Cup in September for 5 bucks. Very cheap for the value I think.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Add me to the fans of ESPN+. Great for college basketball, and all sorts of other random stuff. Totally think I've gotten my $'s worth on that one. Thought I read somewhere that the launch of Disney's streaming service in November will bring with it a potential bundle involving Hulu, D+ and ESPN+ which might be worth the investment.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Add me to the fans of ESPN+. Great for college basketball, and all sorts of other random stuff. Totally think I've gotten my $'s worth on that one. Thought I read somewhere that the launch of Disney's streaming service in November will bring with it a potential bundle involving Hulu, D+ and ESPN+ which might be worth the investment.
I'd pay a couple bucks more for that, but not a bunch more. Those marketing guys are always adding a little and bumping up the rate, then adding a little and bumping up the rate, then....

·
5,611 Posts
The Disney bundle package is going to be $13 per month beginning in November. Personally I only need ESPN+, and love it. NBCSN could take a hint from that and instead of charging $50 per league per season, they should go the ESPN+ route.

·
The People's Champ
592 Posts
The Disney bundle package is going to be $13 per month beginning in November. Personally I only need ESPN+, and love it. NBCSN could take a hint from that and instead of charging $50 per league per season, they should go the ESPN+ route.
Does the Disney bundle include ESPN+?

·
Registered
154 Posts
What is the over under on how many times the conference is called the American East this season? Really overall I think ESPN plus is a good value but when it was on NSN (for UVM) they had more knowledge of the team and conference.

·
The People's Champ
592 Posts
very sad day for cord cutters yesterday, Sony announced they are discontinuing the PS VUE service starting Jan 30th, 2020. Will be on the hunt for a very similar platform, thinking maybe Sling? Loved the VUE, such a great package vs. traditional cable like Comcast.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
very sad day for cord cutters yesterday, Sony announced they are discontinuing the PS VUE service starting Jan 30th, 2020. Will be on the hunt for a very similar platform, thinking maybe Sling? Loved the VUE, such a great package vs. traditional cable like Comcast.
Sling or YouTube TV probably best bets, the latter has all the ESPN networks including SEC and ACC, and your regional sports networks too. Sling has automatic ESPN3 integration and access in-guide, which YouTube TV doesn't (they pulled it earlier this year, but you can use your ISP login info to access ESPN3). I don't think there are gonna be too many games on ESPN3 anymore though since it all has shifted to ESPN+.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts