Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ESPN.com is waking up early in the morning and aggregating news from papers around the country to bring you the latest NBA talk.
It seems like ESPN Insider is trying to return to its roots (If you remeber sportstalk.com) and recapture the market held by www.hoopshype.com. I just can't see anyone having interest in paying for something you can get free but ESPN.com is just so much more popular...

Well I will still pine for the good old days of real rumors thatSportstalk.com would have because the writers were relatively anonymous.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
MemphisX said:
It seems like ESPN Insider is trying to return to its roots (If you remeber sportstalk.com) and recapture the market held by www.hoopshype.com. I just can't see anyone having interest in paying for something you can get free but ESPN.com is just so much more popular...

Well I will still pine for the good old days of real rumors thatSportstalk.com would have because the writers were relatively anonymous.

Is that the "Intelligence Report" thing? I was reading that today and thought about how I wondered if they were countering HoopsHype. It was basically a bunch of little summaries of some things going on.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah and I think it is a direct result of the press Hoopshype.com got from the Magloire trade.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
This is like Subway asking you if you wanted your sub toasted after Quiznos blew up...

Not gona work.

Besides, I don't need a membership to get to the Hoopshype's "Intelligence Report" aka rumors.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
arenas809 said:
This is like Subway asking you if you wanted your sub toasted after Quiznos blew up...

Not gona work.

Besides, I don't need a membership to get to the Hoopshype's "Intelligence Report" aka rumors.
Good analogy. The subways i've been at dont even ask, they just go straight for the toaster, and i got to tell them no so they dont ruin my sandwich.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts