Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joe Johnson who?

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2012/10/26/3557582/nba-2012-atlanta-hawks-espn-playoffs

Salary dump? What salary dump? Atlanta inked a cheaper high-scoring playmaker in Lou Williams. He and Jeff Teague will stay busy finding new hires Kyle Korver and Anthony Morrow on the perimeter and Smith and a fully healed Al Horford (career 18.1 PER) in transition. All of those producers mean more points for the Hawks than their opponents -- and what some folks might consider a surprisingly high seed in the postseason. -- John Hollinger

Basketball Prospectus predictions
Projected record: 50.5-31.5
If Horford plays 82 games: 52-30 (2-seed)
If Horford plays 11 games: 43-39 (8-seed)

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Do not like this, I very much wish we were flying under the radar and viewed as "overachieving". Instead, we're a trendy pick to be a top team in the East. Do. Not. Like.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
I'll be satisfied if we make the playoffs at all. At least this team will actually be fun to watch.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be happy with a lottery pick, but I'd also be happy to win more games than the Nets. **** Joe Johnson

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
I'm excited to see how this team plays with the new feel to it, but I have to repeat how much I hate the high expectations the "experts" have for us. I wanted it to feel carefree, and win or lose, the fact we made major longterm changes was a positive step.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Basketball Prospectus

In Kyle Korver, Marvin Williams, Anthony Morrow, and John Jenkins, the Hawks have assembled a group of outside shooters as impressive as any in the league, especially when you add the midrange prowess of Al Horford. Those hundreds of ill-advised jump shots hoisted up by Joe Johnson and Josh Smith last season? There is no reason for them to exist any longer. Now, the Hawks project to take the fourth-most threes in the league.
Guessing they meant Lou Williams

1 - 8 of 8 Posts