Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

· Registered
8,807 Posts
PauloCatarino said:
Are peeps advocating Lebron should do the Kobe (try to make the crutial shot in the middle of 3 defenders)?
That's exactly what they're saying, and it's something that Kobe is heavily criticized for. Like someone else in this thread perfectly stated: damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Kobe's criticism has decreased heavily though, while LeBron's is going up. It's because Kobe's old news and has gone through it all already. LeBron's the new, fresh guy the media (and fans) will build up just to tear down. It's already happening.

· Registered
14,162 Posts
Spriggan said:
That's exactly what they're saying, and it's something that Kobe is heavily criticized for. Like someone else in this thread perfectly stated: damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Kobe's criticism has decreased heavily though, while LeBron's is going up. It's because Kobe's old news and has gone through it all already. LeBron's the new, fresh guy the media (and fans) will build up just to tear down. It's already happening.
Well put.

I've been noticing that lately.

Critics have been backing off Kobe because he plays for a mediocre team. But since Lebron is playing for a playoff team, the same guys that hyped him to the max previously, are now trying to find weaknesses in his game at all costs.

How people can criticize Lebron for that particular play is beyond my understanding. This makes me remember that game (last year?) when Lebron hit Z for the game winning 3. "Oh, James can't score in the clutch!"...

The clutch play can be the crutial basket/rebound/block/steal/whatever. And it can be the crutial pass/assist. Hughes missed. So what?

· Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
KOBEDUNKEDONSHAQ said:
I dont think you read the artclie at ESPN at all...BJ was giving Lebron all the credit for scoring 21 of his 36 points in the 4th quarter of the game. "If he's good enough to get you to the dance, he should be good enough to win it." is what he's debating.
He was trying to win it. 3 points to win. Created a wide open 3 for a teammate. I don't know why Larry Hughes was spotted up in the corner, but he should be able to make that shot in his sleep regardless. I would expect even Drew Gooden could hit that shot. Square up, and knock it down. That play has won so many games for the Cavs though, how can you fault them for running it again. They've hit that same shot maybe 5 times in the last 2 months? Flip Murray and Damon Jones are usually the ones in the corners though.

· Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
Spriggan said:

Lol. That's true. Kobe does exactly what they are criticizing Lebron for not doing, and he gets blasted for it everytime he misses. "Why didn't Kobe pass? He had 4 open teammates!" "Why did Lebron pass? He only had four defenders on him."

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.