Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SPORTSbyBROOKS
SbB has learned Chris Broussard & Jon Barry won't returm to ESPN's NBA studio. Added to show: @sportsguy33 & Stan Van Gundy

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Bill Simmons is not great on TV, and despite his clear and obvious bean-town bias I do enjoy his articles but I just saw him on PTI standing in for Kornheiser and he's wooden and kind of squeaky

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
I like Bill Simmons. I don't know how he will do on camera as opposed to behind a computer screen but it will be interesting to see. Stan Van Gundy is annoying.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Bill Walton was awesome - his hyperbole was hilarious altthough I know certain people didnt get his sense of humor and actually took what he was saying at face value

and Reggie is much worse than Magic

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Don't know a lot about Bill Simmons(besides his name being everything basketball related) but I just started reading his book and seems like he knows what he's talking about and seems pretty entertaining. Though I don't think I want to deal with SVG

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Bill Simmons is terrible on tv. And I also miss Bill Walton.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Barry is OK, but Broussard was out of his element for the playoff games analysis. I'd be fine with just a SVG for Broussard swap. I like Grantland, but I don't need him on my TV.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
How could you possibly miss Bill Walton?

That guy made me turn games off because he was annoying as shit.
you do know that when he was saying that Joel Pryzbilla was the most terrifying inside defensive force since the days of Bill Russell or that Tracy Murray had just achieved one of the most glorious and sublime moments in the history of sport he may not have meant it, right?

because I find that shit funny

·
Werewolf Bar Mitzvah
18,794 Posts

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Jon Barry is gone? Does this mean the Chicago Bulls aren't the greatest team in the history of everything?

Does that mean Derrick Rose is no longer a mix of Jordan, Magic, and every other all time great, although is a little better than all of them at everything?

I ****ing hate Jon Barry. I hope he chokes on his Bulls flavored coolaid when hes done crying over being replaced.

If there's one thing I hate, its ridiculously biased commentators. Its one thing when its the local tv guys, but if you're a big time ESPN guy, call it down the middle and shut the **** up. Barry was easily the worst I've seen.

"Guys, I think everyones forgetting about the Chicago Bulls here!" -Barry
"Uhhhh.... they were eliminated already John. We're talking about Miami and OKC, the only teams left standing." -Other dude
"Yea, but it wasn't their fault. I predict them to make up for it by winning two championships next year." -Barry

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Honestly, if you didn't like Bill Walton on tv you probably took everything he said way too seriously. If that's the case, the joke's on you because Walton is hilarious.

With that said, a Barry/Broussard for Simmons/SVG swap is definitely an upgrade for ESPN.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
I think Walton's back might be too bad for him to take up that schedule...but he has been on some telecasts in the last year or so hasn't he?

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Awesome! Svg has shown jvg like promise in his press conferences. Simmons has little cred and isn't entertaining, but if he's just replacing Broussard than its a wash.

And Walton was great with Ralph Lawler. I would watch clipper games just for them. He should go in the studio. Espn records in LA no?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts