Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=solomon_george&id=2219746

It takes a lot to galvanize ESPN's diverse viewership. But if anyone can do this, it's Terrell Owens. The enigmatic wide receiver, suspended this week by the Philadelphia Eagles for conduct detrimental to the team, has received the kind of blanket coverage by ESPN network news shows usually reserved for the nomination of a Supreme Court Justice or the indictment of a high government official.

But this is Terrell Owens -- and if his apology and news conference Tuesday with agent Drew Rosenhaus seemed better suited for the Rose Garden than Owens' house in Moorestown, N.J., viewers were hardly presidential in their reaction to Owens and ESPN's coverage.
This one makes me angry. I mean, the Simmons mention of Zach to Cuban was perfectly on topic and pretty damn accurate, it addressed salary and performance instead of falling back on Jailblazers jokes. But this isn't even on topic, can we flood his mailbox with well worded complaints?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TP3 said:
same rose garden???

The writer is from Washington, and I don't know another Rose Garden.

If there is another, and i'm just on edge about ESPN lately, please let me know.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Backboard Cam said:
The White House Rose Garden is where the President holds many press conferences.

Click here for pics

Do you think that is what he is refering to? Maybe i'm just being a little sensative these days with the start of the season and all.

·
Registered
673 Posts
my first thought was the white house...I just don't think ours is well known enough to not include a portland or trailblazer reference.

·
Registered
194 Posts
But this is Terrell Owens -- and if his apology and news conference Tuesday with agent Drew Rosenhaus seemed better suited for the Rose Garden than Owens' house in Moorestown, N.J., viewers were hardly presidential in their reaction to Owens and ESPN's coverage.

Yep, it's definitely referring to the white house- "viewers were hardly presidential..." is referring back to Rose Garden.

·
Registered
922 Posts
God how I wish the NBA was like the NFL where you could cut a player and not have to pay him. I honestly feel like this is why the NFL is leaps and bounds above all other sports leagues. Imagine if we would have been able to cut Shawn Kemp, Damon, Nick, and the rest and not have to pay them.

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
furball said:
God how I wish the NBA was like the NFL where you could cut a player and not have to pay him. I honestly feel like this is why the NFL is leaps and bounds above all other sports leagues. Imagine if we would have been able to cut Shawn Kemp, Damon, Nick, and the rest and not have to pay them.
There are all sorts of things I'd like to wish for... man I'd love to have Outlaw's hops... but reality is what it is, so I accept it as such and work with what I've got.

Since there is no chance in Hades that the players association will ever concede guaranteed contracts, I dream of having a GM who can correctly evaluate talent and make better player personnel moves in general.

STOMP

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Well said. I can't remember the last time I heard a Spurs, Lakers, or Pistons fan moaning about a guaranteed contract.

Dan

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Jesus people stop being so ** DELETED ** sensitive. He was refering to the Rose Garden at the White House. The world, as sad as it will be for some of you to learn this, doesn't revolve around the Trailblazers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts