Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Step 5: Michael Jordan should trade himself.
Jordan proved that he clearly still has something to offer, but his talents are wasted on the Wizards. If he joined a contender, such as the Kings, Mavs or Nets, things would get a lot more interesting this season. What would a team give up for a shot at dethroning the Lakers? Plenty. Would the Kings part with Hedo Turkoglu? Could the Wizards pry away Richard Jefferson from the Nets? Would the Bulls give up Jamal Crawford for a one-season stand with MJ? The possibilities are limitless. If Jordan really wants to help the Wizards, he'll stay off the court and figure out a way to use his name to get the Wizards some value.

just crazy...

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
No they would not. Jerry reinsdorf in a sporting news radio interview with kornheiser said that an MJ in the twilight of his career would add nothing to the bull. He was asked why the Bulls didnt go after him.

·
Train Em While Young.....
3,628 Posts
Originally posted by HAWK23
i know, lol thats why who ever wrote this article is dumb!
That's Chad Ford. He's also an ESPN insider. He's the reason why ESPN insider is such a joke. Most of his "Ford-Fixer-Uppers" are all ludicrous. It is hilarious because all it doesn is make ESPN look much worse.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I had ESPN Insider for about 6 months before I gave it up a few weeks ago. Their football coverage was quite good, especially around draft time (the draft is tough b/c of the sheer number to players and teams involved). Kiper is tolerable and I really liked their pre and post-draft analysis.

MLB Insider has some decent stuff. Personally, I think Gammons, Meyer, and Campbell are plenty more insightful (they're stuff is free), though they don't update as often.

Per NBA Insider... it is a joke. Chad Ford writes 80% of the rumor columns as well as give general NBA analysis. Its horrible. I ended my subscription b/c of this (b/c NBA is my passion of course). I was so pissed off with that I wrote Chad a bunch of emails and he has yet to get back to me... bascially I gave him a lot of crap about the NBA draft (he got only 5 of the first 10 picks right) and said his analysis was a joke. He never got back to me of course. Eh.

VD

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
Originally posted by Vin Diesel
Per NBA Insider... it is a joke. Chad Ford writes 80% of the rumor columns as well as give general NBA analysis. Its horrible. I ended my subscription b/c of this (b/c NBA is my passion of course). I was so pissed off with that I wrote Chad a bunch of emails and he has yet to get back to me... bascially I gave him a lot of crap about the NBA draft (he got only 5 of the first 10 picks right) and said his analysis was a joke. He never got back to me of course. Eh.

VD
Amen. NBA Insider = A recycling of yesterday's newspaper headlines + some BS for a little flavor

·
Train Em While Young.....
3,628 Posts
Speaking of Chad Ford, he had a chat on ESPN today. He had this noticable idiotic statement:

(Jerry) Krause is an odd bird. Rashard Lewis makes a lot of sense but Krause is playing hard to get. The Bulls are one of the few teams who could clear some cap room and actually make a workable sign-and-trade. I think Krause prefers to sign projects like Eddie Robinson and then claim he discovered them.
—ESPN Insider's Chad Ford

1 - 10 of 10 Posts