Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

OK, no trade to report, but I don't recall reading this quote before...

....Asked to assess the current Trail Blazers, Nash was blunt.

"As a lottery team. Not a playoff team," he said. "You are what you are: You're a 16-21 team."
I guess Paul probably thinks the same thing, then?

·
Registered
518 Posts
We are a playoff team, we're just have the most dysfunctional rotation (not players) in NBA history.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Portland is

Portland is a couple of quality guards away from being a playoff team, but that being said, they are currently above the bottom dregs of the league other wise. Barely. They can't stop anybody from scoring on them, they match up poorly against everybody, and have inferior guard play. That to me, is a lotto team. Excuses excuses.:cool:

·
Registered
518 Posts
I still think if we benched Damon, we'd be a playoff team. Play him as a spark plug off the bench instead of an anchor in the starting line up.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
"We've maintained all along that we're not going to make a trade for the sake of making a trade. We're not going to take back a bad contract, or a player with baggage, or a bad player, an ineffective player," he said. "And thus far we've been able to maintain that course."

I think McInnis would be a quality backup PG. He might even make a starting PG someday. But if he had an exceptional PG to start in front of him, I think this team could be something. We have showed glimpses of greatness already this year. Its just one wild rollar coaster ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts