2K views 74 replies 13 participants last post by  zagsfan20 
#1 ·
TOP 10 POINT GUARDS

Rank Name Ht, Wt - Age School/Country
1. Chris Paul 6-1, 195 lbs - Sophomore Wake Forest
2. Deron Williams 6-3, 210 lbs - Junior Illinois
3. Raymond Felton 6-0, 180 lbs - Junior North Carolina
4. Ronnie Brewer 6-7, 210 lbs - Sophomore Arkansas
5. Monta Ellis 6-3, 175 lbs - HS Senior Lanier High School (MS)
6. Mardy Collins 6-5, 205 lbs - Junior Temple
7. Jarrett Jack 6-3, 200 lbs - Junior Georgia Tech
8. John Gilchrist 6-3, 200 lbs - Junior Maryland
9. Roko Leni Ukic 6-5, 185 lbs - 20 yrs Croatia
10. Curtis Stinson 6-3, 215 lbs - Sophomore Iowa State

TOP 10 SHOOTING GUARDS

1. Gerald Green 6-7, 210 lbs - HS Senior Gulf Shores Academy (TX)
2. Martell Webster 6-7, 235 lbs - HS Senior Seattle Prep (WA)
3. Marko Tomas 6-8, 210 lbs - 19 yrs Croatia
4. Rudy Fernandez 6-5, 200 lbs - 19 yrs Spain
5. Antoine Wright 6-7, 210 lbs - Junior Texas A&M
6. Francisco Garcia 6-7, 190 lbs - Junior Louisville
7. Rashad McCants 6-4, 200 lbs - Junior North Carolina
8. Nate Robinson 5-9, 190 lbs - Junior Washington
9. Julius Hodge 6-7, 205 lbs - Senior North Carolina State
10. Louis Williams 6-2, 175 lbs - HS Senior South Gwinnet (GA)

TOP 10 SMALL FORWARDS

1. Marvin Williams 6-9, 230 lbs - Freshman North Carolina
2. Danny Granger 6-8, 235 lbs - Senior New Mexico
3. Nemanja Aleksandrov 6-10, 220 lbs - 17 yrs Serbia
4. Andrea Bargnani 6-11, 225 lbs - 19 yrs Italy
5. Adam Morrison 6-8, 215 lbs - Sophomore Gonzaga
6. Joey Graham 6-7, 220 lbs - Senior Oklahoma State
7. Ersan Ilyasova 6-9, 220 lbs - 18 yrs Turkey
8. Kennedy Winston 6-6, 230 lbs - Junior Alabama
9. Rodney Carney 6-7, 205 lbs - Junior Memphis
10. Ryan Gomes 6-7, 245 lbs - Senior Providence

TOP 10 POWER FORWARDS

1. Andrew Bogut 6-10, 240 lbs - Sophmore Utah
2. Chris Taft 6-10, 250 lbs - Sophomore Pittsburgh
3. Martynas Andriuskevicius 7-3, 230 lbs - 19 yrs Lithuania
4. Fran Vazquez 6-10, 230 lbs - 21 yrs Spain
5. Tiago Splitter 6-10, 240 lbs - 19 yrs Brazil
6. Hakim Warrick 6-8, 218 lbs - Senior Syracuse
7. Shelden Williams 6-9, 250 lbs - Junior Duke
8. Charlie Villanueva 6-11, 240 lbs - Sophomore UConn
9. Wayne Simien 6-9, 255 lbs - Senior Kansas
10. Ronny Turiaf 6-10, 250 lbs - senior Gonzaga

TOP 5 CENTERS

1. Josh Boone 6-10, 245 lbs - Sophomore UConn
2. Randolph Morris 7-0, 266 lbs - Freshman Kentucky
3. Johan Petro 7-1, 250lbs - 19 yrs France
4. Peja Samardziski 7-0, 250 lbs - 19 yrs Serbia
5. Kosta Perovic 7-2, 240 lbs - 20 yrs Serbia

See less See more
#6 ·
Starbury03 said:
Jack should be higher and why is Nate Robinson listed as a Sg.
Will Conroy played the point for Washington, not Robinson.

Scouts probably feel he projects better as a SG than as a PG.

#7 ·
If the Blazers draft Nate Robinson, I think I'm going to shoot myself.

Plus, he isn't a shooting guard. That's ridiculous.

-Pop

#9 ·
SodaPopinski said:
Plus, he isn't a shooting guard. That's ridiculous.

-Pop
Well, he isn't a point guard either and they had to put him somewhere.

#10 ·
He is a point guard I dont now what your thinking. Illonis has 3 point guards that start.Does that mean only one is really a point guard? No there just the best players so they play. Robinson was 3rd in the Pac-10 in assist. he is a point guard. There will never be a 5'9 shooting guard.

#11 ·
I've really paying attention to the scouting reports on these guys and all...My concluision is this.

If Marvin Williams or Bogut are avalable for Portland, then you take either. If neither is available for Portland then Gerald Green should be their pick.

Portland IMO is in the position where they players potential to be a super star should be the #1 priority. It's a gamble that the GM has to take though. He either comes off like a Genius or a Goat, but it's a gamble you take.

I'm gonna be glued to the McDonalds All American Game tonight watching Green, I really want to see what he can do.

#12 ·
All this indignation over 'tweener' types being put in one or the other group that they are 'tween' is ridiculous.

Monta Ellis? Nate Robinson? Ronnie Brewer? All three are 'tweeners' Who cares which category they're in? The people who put these lists together probably talk to scouts and the consensus probably leans toward PG for some and SG for others. I know they've probably seen each and every one of these players more than any of us have, so maybe they know what they're talking about?

#13 ·
Starbury03 said:
There will never be a 5'9 shooting guard.
We already HAVE one.

Damon Stoudamire.

#14 ·
Fork said:
All this indignation over 'tweener' types being put in one or the other group that they are 'tween' is ridiculous.

Monta Ellis? Nate Robinson? Ronnie Brewer? All three are 'tweeners' Who cares which category they're in? The people who put these lists together probably talk to scouts and the consensus probably leans toward PG for some and SG for others. I know they've probably seen each and every one of these players more than any of us have, so maybe they know what they're talking about?
From Draft City:

Draft City said:
Monta Ellis

While Monta was impressive today, I’m still not sold on him as a point guard (and neither are the scouts we talked to apparently). He did a good job handling the ball and knocking down outside shots, but had quite a few turnovers and didn’t look to be the best decision maker. Monta has very nice form on his shot, good lift, and good range. He also did a very good job today on the defensive end by playing good man-to-man defense and reading the passing lanes well. Personally, I think that Monta made it clear over the past few days that he is definitely a better NBA prospect then Louis Williams right now. Let’s see how that carries over tomorrow to the game itself.

#15 ·
Robinson is a point guard last year he just looked to score. But this year he has improved his point guard skills greatly. Stoudamire is only a shooting guard on the current blazers becasue they dont have much talent or scorers if on a good team he would be a decent point guard.

#16 ·
Schilly said:
I've really paying attention to the scouting reports on these guys and all...My concluision is this.

If Marvin Williams or Bogut are avalable for Portland, then you take either. If neither is available for Portland then Gerald Green should be their pick.

Portland IMO is in the position where they players potential to be a super star should be the #1 priority. It's a gamble that the GM has to take though. He either comes off like a Genius or a Goat, but it's a gamble you take.

I'm gonna be glued to the McDonalds All American Game tonight watching Green, I really want to see what he can do.

I haven't been following the scouting reports to much, but I'd be disappointed if we took a SF like Marvin Williams. If he was a clear cut super star and the head and shoulders better than anyone else, then yes take him. But if it's a toss up, I'd pass. Half our roster is a SF it seems.

Bogut is surely not going to be there unless we got the top two picks, IMO, so I'd shoot for Green. If he plays the SG position and has that much potential, that's all I need to know. Having DA on our team and no decent backup for that position, it makes the decision for me that much easier..

#18 ·
Starbury03 said:
Robinson is a point guard last year he just looked to score. But this year he has improved his point guard skills greatly. Stoudamire is only a shooting guard on the current blazers becasue they dont have much talent or scorers if on a good team he would be a decent point guard.
But you said that there will NEVER be a 5'9" shooting guard. Now you're changing your tune and that's cool...

Here's what I think you're not comprehending.

Damon IS a shooting guard. True, he could play the point and he has played the point in the past but it doesn't change the fact that he's really a SG at heart. Damon is a classic tweener. SG brain and game. (Almost) PG size.

It's the same exact situation as Nate Robinson. Nate will be out of position at the point, if some team decides to put him there. His game is pure SG and that IS his position, no matter what his height is.

Was Magic Johnson really a SF because he was 6'9"? Is Allen Iverson really a PG because he's 6'? Nope and nope.

#19 ·
Nate Robinson is not a SG he is a point guard and he will be very affective at it in the NBA. He will distribute the ball and get team mates involved over him. Stoudamire plays PG and Magic played PG I dont care what size you are. Robinson wont be used coming off picks and standing on the wing. He will bring the ball up the court and get the team into the offense. How is that not a point guard.

#20 ·
Starbury03 said:
Nate Robinson is not a SG he is a point guard and he will be very affective at it in the NBA. He will distribute the ball and get team mates involved over him. Stoudamire plays PG and Magic played PG I dont care what size you are. Robinson wont be used coming off picks and standing on the wing. He will bring the ball up the court and get the team into the offense. How is that not a point guard.
Wow. I didn't realize you had some sort of crystal ball that you were looking into to foresee all of this Nate Robinson info. While you're at it...

Where does he get selected? Who does Portland pick? Will the Red Sox repeat as World Series Champs? How's the weather going to be the weekend of July 23,24, 2005? Where did I leave my car keys?

BTW, it's 'effective' not 'affective'.

PS - Damon Stoudamire's natural position IS shooting guard.

#24 ·
MAS RipCity said:
I don't think I'd be very happy with Gerald Green. He can't even dominate his own HS competition, not to mention we already have Travis and Sergei at teh 2 gaurd.
I like having Travis and Sergei, but I'd rather make room for Travis at the 3....BTW how do you figure he doesn't dominate at teh HS level? At the Adidas ABCD camp he averaged 20ppg made the All Star Team there and was teh MVP of the All Star Game. Every scouting service I have seen has him rated as the top HS player in the United States.

Needless to say I'll be watching the MAA game tonight to see how he fares.

#26 ·
Schilly said:
Greens HS Stats....

33ppg 12rpg 3spg 3.5bpg and 7apg

He doesn't dominate at all.

Damn, he does suck. He can't dominate crap. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.