Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Player
7,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few days ago, magic johnson was talking about the "euro" attitude and how it prevents you from playing to your maximum aggressiveness while discussing yao ming with the tnt krew. and then he went on to say that manu ginobili is the only one who goes against this stereotype. do you agree? who else you think could be listed as "one tough euro"?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Kirilenko-Watch him. Seriously.

Krstic-Great hustle even if he's often outmatched in the post. Always seems to give it 110% on the court.

Gasol if he really breaks out this season and can lead his team past the first round.

Jacikevicius-From past history.

Other Mentions:

Nocioni, Varejao..

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Saras for the Pacers. He was trash talking "dream" teamers long before he came over here. He's a very fiery player.

Also Nocioni.

I think the South American playes in general are a little nastier than most. Nene isn't exactly the nicest guy on the block either. And Verejao plays like a wild man too.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Darko gets angry and fights in the blocks.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Sad Mafioso said:
Kirilenko-Watch him. Seriously.

Krstic-Great hustle even if he's often outmatched in the post. Always seems to give it 110% on the court.

Gasol if he really breaks out this season and can lead his team past the first round.

Jacikevicius-From past history.

Other Mentions:

Nocioni, Varejao..
so argentina and brazil are part of europe now? thats news to me. but ur right those 2 are tough nuts, i saw nocioni in one game and he had a freaky look on his face on D

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
NO, but their basketball background comes from Europe. If you've followed them you'd know that.

Also I believe Magic is reffering to "international players" in general, not just "euro's".

·
Registered
180 Posts
CrackerJack said:
so argentina and brazil are part of europe now? thats news to me. but ur right those 2 are tough nuts, i saw nocioni in one game and he had a freaky look on his face on D
The talk was "euro attitude" which could be applied to any international player. Yao Ming was being talked about and last I heard China wasnt a stop on a Eurorail package.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
If Magic Johnson says that Argentina and China are part of europe, then by god, they are part of europe. Maybe when you get some championships you can contradict the magic man. Until then, his word is the law.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Najera.

I think he's more of what americans would call "scrappy" player.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Joel Pryzbilla would fit the description....if you consider him a Euro....He is from the Eastern Euro region but play college ball for Minnisota......so that's your call.
But he does not let anyone push him around and play tough basketball....

Prunetang

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Najera is in no way a euro player or product. He played in the U.S. in college and is from Mexico.

One person that hasn't been mentioned: Mikael Pietrus.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts