Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I'm not the only who thought of this, but I think eva's game/role is similar to Odom. He can be a SF or PF.

My question is, does Eva have it in him to be better than Odom? Or Odom is the best he can hope for?

Odom's stat as a rookie:

16.6PPG, 7.8 RPG, 4.2 APG, 1.25 BPG

This year:

14.6, 9.2, 5.5, 0.84

career:

15.8, 8.5, 4.5, 1.10

Charlie's:

12.4, 6.0, 1.0, 0.81.

what do u guys think? Better than odom? Or poor man Odom at best?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
not a bad comparison. not bad at all. but remember, the reason his points are so low is cause hes playing on a team with kobe.

Reactions: dynamiks

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,113 Posts
Odom is a stat padder. I wouldn't be too concerned with Charlie trying to match his numbers.

Charlie has compared himself to Lamar Odom. He thinks he can be the same kind of player. Personally I hope he sees more potential in himself than that.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Not a bad comparison, but not a very good one either.

Odom is a point forward. He has better ball handling ability and court vision than most point guards in this league, at 6'11.

Charlie is a much more of a scorer, whereas Odom would rather defer to his teammates. Charlies also got a much better shot, as a rookie than Odom does now.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i think Charlie V. is more like Rasheed Wallace than Odom..... Charlie does not have the handles Odom has.....nowhere close.....i think Wallace never really reached his potential....i'd like to think that Charlie V. will....Bosh and Charlie are the two that the team should build around.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
There is no denying that Charlie has an outside scoring touch. He has the ability make a play within 12-15ft of the basket, but I think his touch outside that range makes him a difficult defensive matchup. Charlie has a natural ability offensively. The only thing I would like to see out of him this offseason is conditioning and athletiscm training.

He is going to have a more integral part of our offense come next season. I hope that he becomes a player like Chris Webber. Solid inside outside 6-10 PF/SF.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
i like the wallace comparisons....tho Charlie plays no where the defense that Sheed plays....but he does have range like Sheed, but i think Charlie knocks them down at a better clip....and has better play making ability....i think Charlie will be the primary scorer on this team, and the guy we go to in the clutch...while Bosh will do everythign else....

·
Registered
206 Posts
adhir1 said:
i like the wallace comparisons....tho Charlie plays no where the defense that Sheed plays....but he does have range like Sheed, but i think Charlie knocks them down at a better clip....and has better play making ability....i think Charlie will be the primary scorer on this team, and the guy we go to in the clutch...while Bosh will do everythign else....

i agree....but learning how to play D well comes with time....Wallace was not a great defender when he entered the league either......Charlie needs to add some muscle ....he will be a Wallace that will actually fulfill his potential.(i hope)

C- Pryzbilla
PF - Bosh
SF - Charlie V./Graham(needs to be replaced with someone WHO CAN PLAY!)
SG - Rudy Gay/Mo Pete
PG - Jason Terry

now that's called playnig 'BIG'

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I think last night Charlie let everyone know he'll be a better scorer than Odom.

For those of you who didn't hear: 48 pts., 9 reb., 20-32 shooting, 6-11 3pt.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.