Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's doubtful that AI will leave Philly, but for the sake of discussion...

AI (13.5M) (long-term)
for
Sprewell (13.5M) (PO next year, then it has to expire)

I'd take it. Sprewell's very intense, skilled, etc., but I'll take AI for more starpower. Sprewell isn't a possible 50 point guy. They both share well, and Spree turns it over less shoots a little better, like .42 to .39 at worst, but KG would open things up for AI, while AI would still provide a lot of firepower. AI thrived in USA play with other stars. He would turn it over less with better teammates.

That would definitely be a team of two big stars at the top. AI would be more of a star and maybe KG as well. T-Wolves would achieve even more.

AI has routine 8-24 nights, but few quiet, single digit nights. Spree has lots of those. And he gets to the line. Ohh, the difference in FTA for the Wolves! Plus the steals and toughness. It would be awesome!

P.S. he "could have" been moved for TB... yeah, right.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I think the only untradeable players in the league are Duncan, Shaq, and KG (except maybe for each other).

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts

i think u can add lebron and yao to that list..probably carmelo too
i don't think so all this 3 are tradeable for the right price of course

·
Registered
50 Posts
nobody in the league is untradeable...there is a price for everything

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
HOW are you going to take sprewell for Iverson?

Sprewell hahahahahahahhaha

do you have a brain?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts

do you have a brain?

and then we wonder where people are that vote for the wrong all-stars and dont know the game..

hmm...

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
only untradeable player in the league right now is lebron jamers, hes too young and too good already tobe traded,kg/duncan/shaq are all tradeable simply because of their age.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jiggy1380</b>!
nobody in the league is untradeable...there is a price for everything
Tru dat. But guys like Shaq, Bron, Yao, Duncan and a few more are damn near impossible to get.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Noone is untradeable. Everyone has a price. Maybe these could the most ridiculous trades ever, but do you think the Cavs would ignore an (Innocent) Kobe and Shaq for Lebron? I think not. But it would never happen, thats the thing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
only untradeable player in the league right now is lebron jamers, hes too young and too good already tobe traded,kg/duncan/shaq are all tradeable simply because of their age.
Shaq, Duncan & KG will never be traded because their teams wil always be competeitive. Someone would have to give up half of their roster to match the skill level and leadership that these players possess (not to mention their contracts). Until Lebron has the "unstoppable" label, which few guards in the league have been tagged with ( McGrady and maybe Kobe) he will be tradeable. KG, Duncan, & Shaq are all pretty much unstoppable 7 footers which can not be matched. Yao may soon be on that level

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Originally posted by <b>AdamIllman</b>!
i think u can add lebron and yao to that list..probably carmelo too

LeBron for his marketing power and potential of course

Yao Ming (see above)

Carmelo? Is good, but not good enough marketing wise as well as his potential. He can average 30 points a game next year and he'd still be tradeable.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Please.

If Iverson is traded, the ENTIRE CITY will go with him. They wouldn't be that stupid.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by <b>TheTruth34</b>!

do you have a brain?

and then we wonder where people are that vote for the wrong all-stars and dont know the game..

hmm...
It works.

Minnesota trades: SG Latrell Sprewell (18.3 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 3.6 apg in 39.0 minutes)
Minnesota receives: SG Allen Iverson (27.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 6.2 apg in 42.9 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +9.2 ppg, -0.2 rpg, and +2.6 apg.

Philadelphia trades: SG Allen Iverson (27.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 6.2 apg in 42.9 minutes)
Philadelphia receives: SG Latrell Sprewell (18.3 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 3.6 apg in 50 games)
Change in team outlook: -9.2 ppg, +0.2 rpg, and -2.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Like I said, Spree's deal expires next year or the year after. If the Sixers are peaking at like 20-29 in this year's East, you might want to start over. They were bad when they got Iverson.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jokeaward</b>!

It works.

Minnesota trades: SG Latrell Sprewell (18.3 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 3.6 apg in 39.0 minutes)
Minnesota receives: SG Allen Iverson (27.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 6.2 apg in 42.9 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +9.2 ppg, -0.2 rpg, and +2.6 apg.

Philadelphia trades: SG Allen Iverson (27.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 6.2 apg in 42.9 minutes)
Philadelphia receives: SG Latrell Sprewell (18.3 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 3.6 apg in 50 games)
Change in team outlook: -9.2 ppg, +0.2 rpg, and -2.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Like I said, Spree's deal expires next year or the year after. If the Sixers are peaking at like 20-29 in this year's East, you might want to start over. They were bad when they got Iverson.
So they trade AI for Spree and when his contract comes off at the end of the season, the Sixers still dont have much space to bring in someone with an AI type of impact to really help this team. Yeah that makes alot of sense.:rolleyes:

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
The only way another team is getting Peja, is if its for Duncan or KG, but Peja is pretty much untradable

·
Registered
18 Posts
The only way another team is getting Peja, is if its for Duncan or KG, but Peja is pretty much untradable
Peja is definitely tradeable. You could trade him for Ray Allen and not miss a beat. It's not like Peja is a player that can do everything. He's a scorer, plain and simple. He's a decent rebounder too, but nothing more.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by <b>BEEZ</b>!

So they trade AI for Spree and when his contract comes off at the end of the season, the Sixers still dont have much space to bring in someone with an AI type of impact to really help this team. Yeah that makes alot of sense.:rolleyes:
But if a Sixers team with with AI can't even lock into the playoffs in this East, why bother? They aren't even IN the playoffs, let alone 4th and chasing for the Atlantic crown like last year.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!
Come on SacKings, I know you're a huge Kings fan and you love your guys, but Peja is not an untradeable franchise player. Still though, I think the only thing that would make a guy untradeable is his contract (ie: Shaq, Garnett), since there aren't enough situations where you'd have players making that much on one team where you wouldn't have to give up the entire team to make it work. The only example I can think of right off the top of my head would be something like T-Mac and Grant Hill for Garnett. If it weren't for contracts having to match then ANYONE is tradeable.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jokeaward</b>!

But if a Sixers team with with AI can't even lock into the playoffs in this East, why bother? They aren't even IN the playoffs, let alone 4th and chasing for the Atlantic crown like last year.
But why make a bad situation worse? At least people still come to watch because of AI. No one will go watch them if they trade AI. Especially if it's for Spreewell.

The only person AI could be dealt for is another superstar. Probably Kobe. Which actually makes a lot more sense for both teams with the way Kobe is playing iffy about coming back to the lakers. AI gets to go win a championship with Shaq, GP, and Malone. Probably 2-3 years of that team. And then he can retire early and rid off into the sunset.

And Kobe...well he's from Philly...sort of. But he's scared of philly fans. And rightfully so.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts