Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Raptors are still capable to win games.....not like last few years.....on Starter, we have Rose and Marshall, who can produce like a franchise player....and AWill and MoP who can put up 10+ppg.... Lamond just came back but also capable of scoring few points off the bench.....and we still have Bosh, Bradley who might be ready any minute now.....Roger Mason Jr, looked pretty good even with 5mpg, and he might be our new backup PG behind Rose and AWill.....

so, its not like :sigh: the end of the world for the Raps....

so... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
This is true. For once we have some depth that can prevent this season from being a wash if Vince misses a long stretch of games.

Jalen is a reliable go-to player. He might not give you 20+ points a night, but you can usually expect him to make the right decisions.

Time for Lamond to start proving his worth. We are going to need the scoring he can provide.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
We have the potential to be a better team with VC out.

We need VC to make a run in the playoffs but for the regular season we couldl be a harder working and more efficient club without him.

Consider that Vince has been putting up numbers like 6/18 from the field quite often with not many FT attempts to balance out his poor shooting.

No one player is going to take thos 18 shots for Toronto. They will be split amongst 4 or 5 players. And it is likely that we will get a better percentage from those shot attempts than VC would have given us. Much like how Philly was so efficient with Iverson out for so long.

Plus we get more focus on the D from MoP and MasonJr and even Murray on the court instead of Vince. We lose out on the big 4th quarter D plays that Vince sometimes makes but I think the 3 quarters plus of better D makes up for that.

If Vince consistantly played like a superstar we would miss him tremendously. But given his level of play lately I think we can do better without him for a month of regular season play.

Come playoff time we need him badly. He plays with passion and determination for 4 quarters in the playoffs and we have nobody that can step up to his level of production in that setting. VC can take over a game or a series with his talent.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
witrhout vince we are still capable of beating hte hawks and knicks.
that's about it though. the chicago bulls had jalen and donyell and they didn't exactly tear up the league. we will have trouble scoring without vince. alvin is the only one who can really create his own shot. even rose just backs down his man and pushes him off. i love how jalen played last night, but we are in trouble with no VC. anyone remember what happened a couple of years ago when vince got injured? we beat the spurs in a low scoring affair before losing approximately 1 million games in a row. granted we have KO now instead of lenny, but this is not good.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Chicago had them, but they didn't play them!

If we can't handle teams like the Hawks and the Knicks without Vince, GG and KO are in big trouble. You can't expect him to play every game - you have to surround him with players who not only compliment him when he's on the court but have the skill and heart to play without him - and beat the poorer opponents.

I think the trade has brought us these kinds of players ... :whoknows:

Vince may be our franchise player - we won't go far in the playoffs without him performing well, that's for sure. But he shouldn't be expected to be the whole show every game.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It should be interesting ...

Looks like I'm in for a dry spell as far as the Raps on TV - raptors.com shows that Sportsnet is only showing the Atlanta game in T.O. I've gotta work Monday and Wed.'s game isn't on my cable at all ...
:upset: :upset: :upset:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.