Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
And appears to be such streaky shooters too.

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,657 Posts
we have to ride it out... if we get that guy from the bobcats then were gonna improve a lil. That guy can drop 10,10 easy for us and that would shift collins to his natural backup spot!

Bench:
PG: McInnis
SG: Zoron
SF: LJIII/Scott
PF: Collins
C: Jax

not bad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
620 Posts
DareToBeYinka said:
I'm sorry, but I'm very skeptical about Melvin Ely being able to "drop 10/10 easy".
he was 10/6 last year with limited minutes, i think theres a good chance that'll rise with extended starting minutes and playing with Jkidd, not to mention the attention our perimeter will get.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,287 Posts
Lord-SMX said:
we have to ride it out... if we get that guy from the bobcats then were gonna improve a lil. That guy can drop 10,10 easy for us and that would shift collins to his natural backup spot!

Bench:
PG: McInnis
SG: Zoron
SF: LJIII/Scott
PF: Collins
C: Jax

not bad
what makes you think coach is goina put twin on the bench? you hear the love for twin from coach and kidd saying he is the backbone to our defense. now twin is injured so if we were to get ely sooner than later this wont be a problem, but once twin is healthy you think our defender is going to be on the bench? this isnt a matter of what you think of twins defense but what the coaching staff and the captain think of twins D. if ely comes in to be a starter, i think its more realistic for kurly to go to the bench over twin, but i dont think ely is that big of a name/player to replace a healthy twin or kurly imo. now kurly picks up like 10 fouls in the first 30seconds most games so he would get starter PT anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,166 Posts
DareToBeYinka said:
I'm sorry, but I'm very skeptical about Melvin Ely being able to "drop 10/10 easy".
It's nonsensical to suggest that Ely who shoots 34% is going to average double figures in anything and run doesn't believe it either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,166 Posts
Nets1524512 said:
Ely would be a great pickup though...he would be able to finish and he is athletic
A guy who is shooting 34.1% should not be confused with someone who can finish. Where does this stuff come from?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NetIncome said:
A guy who is shooting 34.1% should not be confused with someone who can finish. Where does this stuff come from?
A closer look at his stats show:

1) He has taken about 900 shots in his career and is a 44% shooter. That would seem to mean more than his 36 shots this year.

2) While shooting 34%, he has gotten to the line 7 times per game in 23 minutes and is scoring over 10 ppg on 6 shots.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,452 Posts
NetIncome said:
A guy who is shooting 34.1% should not be confused with someone who can finish. Where does this stuff come from?

We need someone other than Krstic who would be able to catch passes from Kidd, Carter and RJ and finish, I think ELY would be better at doing that than Collins. Ely would probably be left open alot of the time, due to the double teaming of RJ and Carter. That would lead to a higher shooting percentage. Ely has good hands and would probably be a good fit for that reason.

Still, I would much rather Thorn wait and go after either PJ Brown or Nazr Mohammad

Having a big man who can actually catch passes and finish is a big boost for Kidd..other than Krstic we dont have that now....We all saw how effective Todd Mac was playing with Kidd because of his great hand skills. Plus Ely is athletic, and is a better player than Swift IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nets1524512 said:
We need someone other than Krstic who would be able to catch passes from Kidd, Carter and RJ and finish, I think ELY would be better at doing that than Collins. Ely would probably be left open alot of the time, due to the double teaming of RJ and Carter. That would lead to a higher shooting percentage. Ely has good hands and would probably be a good fit for that reason.

Still, I would much rather Thorn wait and go after either PJ Brown or Nazr Mohammad
I don't think either team would take MJax, which it would take. Nazr would be intersting but I don't know about his defense. I think a cheap big like Ely, Wilcox, Evans or from GS is much more likely.

BTW - Bobcats need a SG so maybe we could do Wright, Murray and a #2 pick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,452 Posts
rundmc00 said:
I don't think either team would take MJax, which it would take. Nazr would be intersting but I don't know about his defense. I think a cheap big like Ely, Wilcox, Evans or from GS is much more likely.

BTW - Bobcats need a SG so maybe we could do Wright, Murray and a #2 pick.

I think they would take Mjax (who I prefer to keep) as long as pick(s) were thrown in...we all know what 2 #1 picks can get you trade wise in this league.

The more I think about it, it may be a smart move to trade Wright if it means getting someone who would be a huge boost to the current team. It isnt fair to Wrights devolopment to have him sitting on the inactive list for his entire rookie year because of Franks unwillingness to give youth a chance. I would be glad for the kid if he was able to go to a team like the bobcats and get some quality minutes.

just thorwing this out there, would you trade Wright, and 2 #1 picks for Kaman? He would fit this team like a glove, he has the best hand skills I have seen from a big man in a long time, and he could play alongside Krstic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,452 Posts
rundmc00 said:
I don't think either team would take MJax, which it would take. Nazr would be intersting but I don't know about his defense. I think a cheap big like Ely, Wilcox, Evans or from GS is much more likely.

BTW - Bobcats need a SG so maybe we could do Wright, Murray and a #2 pick.

I bet you SA would take Cliff...they get a veteran Big man as their 5th big. Getting a pick and Uncle Ciff would more than make up for the loss of Nazr, who is their 5th Big man basically. Also im sure they would love to get a 1st rounder for Nazr, who is a free agent after this season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nets1524512 said:
I think they would take Mjax (who I prefer to keep) as long as pick(s) were thrown in...we all know what 2 #1 picks can get you trade wise in this league.

The more I think about it, it may be a smart move to trade Wright if it means getting someone who would be a huge boost to the current team. It isnt fair to Wrights devolopment to have him sitting on the inactive list for his entire rookie year because of Franks unwillingness to give youth a chance. I would be glad for the kid if he was able to go to a team like the bobcats and get some quality minutes.

just thorwing this out there, would you trade Wright, and 2 #1 picks for Kaman? He would fit this team like a glove, he has the best hand skills I have seen from a big man in a long time, and he could play alongside Krstic.
Wright should be traded. Zoran is getting better and we probably have JMac for two years. LJIII would also help more than Wright if he gets a chance.

So we should move Wright for a big (e.g., Ely), which could save us a #1 pick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nets1524512 said:
I bet you SA would take Cliff...they get a veteran Big man as their 5th big. Getting a pick and Uncle Ciff would more than make up for the loss of Nazr, who is their 5th Big man basically. Also im sure they would love to get a 1st rounder for Nazr, who is a free agent after this season.
Would take Cliffy and Padgett or Wright for salary reasons. I like Padgett on the bench so maybe this is our chance to trade Wright.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,452 Posts
rundmc00 said:
Wright should be traded. Zoran is getting better and we probably have JMac for two years. LJIII would also help more than Wright if he gets a chance.

So we should move Wright for a big (e.g., Ely), which could save us a #1 pick.

If Frank wont take Wright off the Inactive list for the entire year, its probably a good idea to move him to a team where he can at least get a chance. We need another guy up front ASAP.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top