Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember when we were concerned about being overcrowded at the 4/5 position...................we can officially stop worrying.

Eddy Curry has officially earned himself some DNP Coaches Wise Decision time.

Antonio Davis needs to be traded for anything Dallas is willing to give us...nice letter, nice hustle, but not gonna cut it.....So yes, that leaves Blount as our starting Center....

Please lord save me from the nightmare that is the Bulls.

Hinrich, Crawford, Gill, JYD and Davis are the only keepers right now.

Chandler is hurt....because he didn't do what he was supposed to do in the off-season.

Curry is a tub of goo and needs a heart and mind transplant........remember "everything can change with a poke in the eye." If we could, we should send him down to the WNBA for a wakeup call.

You know, when you realize that we have no inside presence at all...you can't blame the PG/SG's for being streaky. No one fears us going inside with the ball. The defenses can extend their defense cause they know we aren't going inside to anyone who can score.

One final horriBull thought.we are rapidly approaching desperatiion time where the team does one of three things:

1) Makes bad trades out of desperation, netting less talent in return for immediate impact....

2) Gives up the winning mentality, plays with the team we have and starts playing the young ones till their legs fall off to build for next season....

3) Makes playing the way "the coach" demands so much of a priority that only guys like JYD and Hinrich play.

My personal choice would be number 2.

Curry, you are going to play 40 minutes. You make too much money to be signaling Skiles you need a breather. You are going to play till you develop or the rest of the league knows that Oliver Miller is a better center than you.

Chandler, you play with heart. Too bad you're so skinny we can actually see where your heart is. You will bang for 35 minutes a night down low cause you can throw it in the ocean from 10 feet out. Either learn to shoot to be a SF or bulk up and play down low.

Crawford, set your damn clock on Chicago time. Get with the program and accept that you are not a complete player. You're not complete in anything but frustration and inconsistency.

Hinrich, we love everything you bring, except your horriBull shooting percentage and disappearance on the offensive end in critical times. You are excused because you are a rook and doing so much else, any scoring you give is welcome.

We don't have much else so...thanks for wearing a Bulls jersey and being over paid for doing it. We wcould get the same results with 12 guys from the Bulls BBB.net forum in Bulls Uni's.

What am I worried about....."Everything can change with a poke in the eye!"

Sincerely,

A GullaBulls fan.....

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
GREAT thread title!

I was thinking more along the line of :

Everything can change with a poke in the ***

The Bulls organization ought to give each and every season ticket holder a big jar of KY Jelly. I feel violated just watching this team!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seriously, I was beggin my fiancee to poke me in the eye so I could stop watching....

I was so frustrated she has banned me from watching the game tomorrow nite. She sighted the, you're gonna break the TV if a former loser coach of the Bulls whoops them rule.....

I had to agree. That's why she's my fiancee. She can see that I am GullaBull and still accepts me as a Chicago Sports fan.

I'm only thankful I'm not a Pittsburgh sports fan.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
People are frustrated based on the expectations on the team before the season.

But just look at our team. We are where we are because we lack talent. Simple really.

People thought Curry would average 20ppg. He didn't play well tonight, but is currently averaging 13ppg and 7rpg. That's the player he is at he moment.

People get frustrated with JC. He is a guy carrying the offensive burden when he isn't suited to it. He is a guy who averages 16-17 ppg on 40% shooting, when he's the No.1 option. He would play better if he was the 2nd or 3rd option.

People say players are performing below expectations. I think they're performing to their capabilities based on the situation they are in at the moment. This is why when Bulls players get traded, they go to a better team and play better.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Benny I completely agree.

The expectations were/are high. However, Curry has no excuses. Dale Davis put up 10 points and 8 rebounds in less time.

It doesn't take much to give effort. Atleast when Crawford is sucking, he's trying. He's a shooter and shooters are streay.

I guess, I'm trying to figure out when the Bulls pack it in, will they dedicate the season to development for next year. I am sick of them putting off development for the facade of winning a few extra games.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Originally posted by <b>chifaninca</b>!
Benny I completely agree.

The expectations were/are high. However, Curry has no excuses. Dale Davis put up 10 points and 8 rebounds in less time.

It doesn't take much to give effort. Atleast when Crawford is sucking, he's trying. He's a shooter and shooters are streay.

I guess, I'm trying to figure out when the Bulls pack it in, will they dedicate the season to development for next year. I am sick of them putting off development for the facade of winning a few extra games.
We'll probably play the young guys, they will play well at the end of the season when the games don't matter, get our hopes up that they are finally ready to roll consistently, and again don't show up until half way through the season for 2004/05.

I don't think we should be looking to the draft for our savior. Haven't we done that enough? Unless we can get a 'can't miss' guy (though we thought we had that in JWill), trade the pick.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only problem I see with tradin the pick is it will be tough to get real value for it. Rlucas could become suicidal...and there may not be that much demand for this draft.

Also, we don't really have a lot of tradeable assets right now. I do agree that another rookie is not what we need.

I am really hoping that we are able to move Davis or Gill and get something of value back. Both deserve better and have some actual value to a playoff team.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Originally posted by <b>chifaninca</b>!
Seriously, I was beggin my fiancee to poke me in the eye so I could stop watching....

ROTFLMAO!!!

Great title to this thread too. Oh this season has been a laugh riot!!! We have to laugh otherwise, we would all be crying and close to suicidal w/ the way this team plays!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts