Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ewing.... has been unleashed....

Ewing has parted ways with the Magic- would he be good to get? I mean I know he is old, flabby, sweaty, and looks like a **edited**, but he could get a title with us and would be a fine backup for Shaq as long as he is not injured. What do you think?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Man that's just mean. It may be true but the guy is one of the best Cs in the history of the game and you just have to go and trash him like that.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>k^2</b>!
Man that's just mean. It may be true but the guy is one of the best Cs in the history of the game and you just have to go and trash him like that.
Are you kidding me? Ewing is a **edited** He may not be the prettiest in the league, but calling a name like that is bordering on offensive, Thanks for understanding.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I would rather have Sabonis..but I think Ewing will retire with the Knicks

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Thread re-opened

Thanks for catching that TBF, I went ahead and edited the offensive stuff and hope this brings about some better discussions.

Now that we got that out of the way, what do you seriously think about Ewing playing for the Lakers this year? I'm all for it, he's only needed a few minutes a game. The question that needs answering is what kind of $$$ is needed to get him? Do the Magic still have to pay him? Can a deal be made?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Re: Thread re-opened

Originally posted by <b>naesdj</b>!
Thanks for catching that TBF, I went ahead and edited the offensive stuff and hope this brings about some better discussions.

Now that we got that out of the way, what do you seriously think about Ewing playing for the Lakers this year? I'm all for it, he's only needed a few minutes a game. The question that needs answering is what kind of $$$ is needed to get him? Do the Magic still have to pay him? Can a deal be made?
As I said earlier-Sabonis would be better..but I wouldn't mind getting Ewing since he would only play 10 min a game anyway. I think we could get him for 1.4 mil and the Magic don't have to pay him anymore...wow-that was post number 500...

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Did Ewing say he wants to play again ? If he does and is available for real cheap I'd agree with you naesdj. Heck if I were him I'd play for free to get that ring so coveted by him.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
uuuuhhhhhhh, good question. damn you for bringing logic back to this discussion. :laugh: Maybe he does. Shoot, Sabonis looks like he's coming back to Portland, so who knows???

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Ewing's skills might of diminished.....
He should still have some touch left on his fade-away...
I'd prefer Sabonis as well....He's set with the Blazers again

Maybe we'll catch Ewing Hitch-Hiking on the road somewhere....
Jus yell out & tell him....
" If you see this Big A$$ Purple & Gold Bus coming your way "
GET IN!! Cause this Buss has NO BREAKS or U-TURNS!!!
I would hope Patrick considers the Lakers....
I just don't see it though??
:yes: :no: :yes: :no:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Maybe...it looks like Arvydas Sabonis might be back with the Blazers, so he is pretty much out of reach for the Lakers.

I doubt that Ewing will play for the Lakers though. I think he's on the last phase of his career...retirement.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
If Ewing has any pride he won't sign in LA for two reasons-

1) He knows he won't get more than 10 minutes and is gravy-training

2) Shaq has pubically mocked and embarassed him his entire career

I know Sabonis applies for #2 as well but I'm sure he doesn't really care about what others think about him. The man has cried on national TV because of foul trouble!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves here...he might not even play at all next season. And even if he does, he probably wouldn't want to play as O'Neal's backup.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
from the horse's ...errr agent's mouth

His agent David Falk told media that there were no decisions yet and things were introductory at this point saying "He's exploring a variety of options. The first thing he has to decide is if he still wants to play. He'll probably make a decision in three or four weeks on whether he wants to play or move on to something new."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts