Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of Brook haters on this site. Post your expectations/predictions/criticisms here.

I think how far this Nets team goes ultimately depends on him, and that he's going to make a lot of people look silly next season. Myths of his "terrible defense" and "softness" will be disproved now that he's healthy and isn't the first and only option on offense anymore.

16, 9 and 1.5 is my prediction.

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
LOL @ 9 rebounds and saying his terrible defense a myth

16-17 ppg 7 rpg

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
I definitely think 9 rebounds is wishful thinking considering it would be his career high. His career average is 7.5, that sounds about right in terms of expectations. Should score 16-18 and shoot north of 50%. Maybe 1.5-2 assists and 1.5 blocks as well.

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
I'll be happy with 18 and 8, but between Humphries and Wallace I wonder if he'll be in position to rebound enough

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Im gonna go high on Lopez this year 18/8/1.5(If he is healthy). I think he has the best season of his career even though i think giving him the max was a dumb idea. Ive liked Brook since he came in the league and want to see him succeed. And having Wallace/Johnson for team to focus on should help him alot of both defensive/offensive end of the court

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
He will be shooting more open midrange jumpers than Chris Bosh this season. I see about 18 and 8 as perfectly reasonable.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
I'm confident in him, but he really does have to be one of the biggest question marks in the league. Obviously we'll have to see how he returns from the injury last year, but he really hasn't played healthy for two seasons. Are his rebounding numbers going to go right back to where they were in his healthy years (8-9/game), or were his issues more due to laziness and/or mindset? Could he do better than ever now that his team's competitive and he's added strength this offseason? Offensively I'm sure he'll be great, but it's too early to tell just how much use he'll get. Deron and Joe, and to a lesser extent Brooks and Teletovic should give him more room to work and better looks than ever, but he could also wind up with less opportunities than ever. Could be anywhere from the #1 option to an afterthought 3rd option if the guards don't play nice. Defensively I would expect this to be his best year yet though, between the added strength, less responsibility on offense, greater chances of winning, and having good defensive teammates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts