Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently joined a Fantasy Basketball League that is set up different than what I am used to. Here's how it works (basically); As the GM you have a salary cap of $50M to spread over 10 players (4 guards, 4 forwards, and 2 Centers). You can spend the money any way you feel fit, but you must have a complete roster or your forfeit for that week. Points are given (and taken away) based on the following stats: Points scored (+1), FG missed (-.5), FT missed (-1), Reb (+1.5), Assist (+2.0), Steal (+2.5), Block (+2.5), and TO (-1), and Triple Double (+10).

You're allowed up 4 roster moves per week and they can be accumulated from week to week.

From what I understand, the key is to complement your marque players with cheap, unknown, up-and-coming guys (liek Pao Gasol was last season).

My opening day roster is as follows:

Guards: McGrady ($9.7M), Francis ($8.6M), Satterfield ($1M), Crawford ($770K)
Forwards: Duncan ($12.1M), Gooden ($3M), Hilario ($900K), Stoudemire ($500K)
Centers: Nowitski ($9M), Curry ($3.8M)

Based on what I've explained ... What do you think of my team? And what players should I consider other than those listed above that may be "diamonds in the rough" that I could get for relatively cheap. Bear in mind that there are very few players that are under $2M in this league. For instance, JWill and Dunleavy and both $4M+.

My goal was to have a balance of triple double threats and who have a decent FG%.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MichaelOFAZ</b>!
I've recently joined a Fantasy Basketball League that is set up different than what I am used to. Here's how it works (basically); As the GM you have a salary cap of $50M to spread over 10 players (4 guards, 4 forwards, and 2 Centers). You can spend the money any way you feel fit, but you must have a complete roster or your forfeit for that week. Points are given (and taken away) based on the following stats: Points scored (+1), FG missed (-.5), FT missed (-1), Reb (+1.5), Assist (+2.0), Steal (+2.5), Block (+2.5), and TO (-1), and Triple Double (+10).

You're allowed up 4 roster moves per week and they can be accumulated from week to week.

From what I understand, the key is to complement your marque players with cheap, unknown, up-and-coming guys (liek Pao Gasol was last season).

My opening day roster is as follows:

Guards: McGrady ($9.7M), Francis ($8.6M), Satterfield ($1M), Crawford ($770K)
Forwards: Duncan ($12.1M), Gooden ($3M), Hilario ($900K), Stoudemire ($500K)
Centers: Nowitski ($9M), Curry ($3.8M)

Based on what I've explained ... What do you think of my team? And what players should I consider other than those listed above that may be "diamonds in the rough" that I could get for relatively cheap. Bear in mind that there are very few players that are under $2M in this league. For instance, JWill and Dunleavy and both $4M+.

My goal was to have a balance of triple double threats and who have a decent FG%.
Same requirements as my league. Here is mine:

G-Kidd, Jason NJ
G-Richardson, Jason GS
G-Williams, Jay CHI
G-Ginobili, Emmanuel SA
F-Martin, Kenyon NJ
F-Miles, Darius CLE
F-Gooden, Drew MEM
F-Stoudemire, Amare PHO
C-Nowitzki, Dirk DAL
C-Yao, Ming HOU

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
What's the name of this league? Is it Smallworld? It sounds like one I did a couple of seasons ago.

Anyway, Kidd far and away led the NBA in triple-doubles last season, with 8 (according to this source). So if your goal is to aim for T-Ds, you might want to consider him.

In that league, do player salaries increase based on how popular they are? If that is the case, try to anticipate which players will go up during the season -- thus giving you more money to spend.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Ohhh I forgot to response back to your team Mike. I like your team especially Stoudamire. I don't know about Gooden but since he only costs u $3M, it's probably a good deal. U know he wont' get a lot of playing time in the beginnning, right?

Satterfield? If i were you, I would rather get Kobe instead of McGrady. Hill is back so u know McGrady won't have the Stats that he did. While Shaq is out, so u know Kobe will have a lot of good Stats.

I can't believe that Crawford only costs u $770K. A good one.

Smallworld -- the one that i am registered on -- only gives $30M to work with. So i don't have 4, 5 big names. I can only afford to have 2. Ohh well1!

Here is my Current Team:

Bryant, Kobe LAL 10/29 @ SA 25.2 5.5 5.5 0 3201 $9,080,000
Crawford, Jamal CHI 10/30 BOS 9.3 1.5 2.4 0 349 $770,000
Rose, Jalen CHI 10/30 BOS 20.4 4.5 4.3 0 2621 $7,390,000
Hill, Grant ORL 10/29 @ PHI 16.8 8.9 4.6 0 477 $6,250,000
Ilgauskas, Zydrunas CLE 10/29 SAC 11.1 5.4 1.1 0 1259 $4,850,000
Rice, Glen HOU 10/30 IND 8.6 2.4 1.6 0 261 $510,000

It's a risky team but what can i do with $30? Jordan used to make $33M himself. Anyway -- What do u think about my Team?? Suggestions are greatly appreciated....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts