Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Train Em While Young.....
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
True Bulls fans would remember the likes of Chris Anstey, Dragan Tarlac, Corey Benjamin, Kornel David, Dedric Willoughby, etc. Here is a blast from the past. In the past 4 years, true Bulls fans have sat through and seen these various rosters. Fun to look back on this because our future is so bright. :cool:

Players (98-99)
Tony Kukoc
Kornel David
Ron Haper
Rusty Larue
Corey Benjamin
Dickey Simpkins
Bill Wennington
Mark Bryant
Keith Booth
Randy Brown
Charles Johnson
Jeff Sanders
Curtis Staples
Andrew Lang
Brent Barry

13-37 Record

Players (99-00)
Toni Kukoc (Traded Halfway Through Season)
John Starks (Released)
Elton Brand
Fred Hoiberg
Chris Carr
BJ Armstrong
Ron Artest
Dedric Willoughby
Chris Anstey
Will Purdue
Corey Benjamin
Dickey Simpkins
Michael Ruffin
Hersey Hawkins
Matt Maloney
Randy Brown
Lari Ketner

17-65 Record

Players (00-01)
Brad Miller
Elton Brand
Ron Artest
Ron Mercer
Fred Hoiberg
Dragan Tarlac
Marcus Fizer
Corey Benjamin
Jamal Crawford
Bryce Drew
Dalibor Bagaric
Jake Voshkul
Steve Goodrich
Michael Ruffin
AJ Guyton
Khalid El-Amin

15-67 Record

Players (01-02)
Marcus Fizer
Jalen Rose
Fred Hoiberg
Trenton Hassel
Dalibor Bagaric
Jamal Crawford
Travis Best
Charles Oakley
Eddy Curry
Tyson Chandler
Eddie Robinson
AJ Guyton
Norm Richardson
Greg Anthony

(Brad Miller, Ron Mercer, Ron Artest, Kevin Ollie not included because of trade)

21-61 Record

These are players we have sat and watched for the past 4 years. It's funny because our first 2 seasons we had practically a Summer League Roster with the exception of the likes of Ron Harper and Toni Kukoc. Last year has been the most exciting with our young guys playing. New coach came in and that stirred up a little emotion. It's funny because I remember all these players and things they've done. I remember Mark Bryant's winning shot, the anger of John Starks being on the team, etc. The past 4 years has been hard to sit through, but we got our future and it looks damn bright.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I dont think Curtis Staples made the roster. I am almost positive of it. All that guy did in College was shoot threes. I love that guy.

·
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, yep, he wasn't on the team. I read somewhere that he was signed then released. It must have been a very short time period. I just added him to add an extra name to the 98-99 roster. It didn't seem like enough players.

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Originally posted by Future
LOL, yep, he wasn't on the team. I read somewhere that he was signed then released. It must have been a very short time period. I just added him to add an extra name to the 98-99 roster. It didn't seem like enough players.
You forgot Andrew Lang. I think he missed the majority of the season due to injury but played at least 20 or so games from what I remember.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
I LIKED Chris Anstey. He actually had a jumper and could rebound okay. If he plodded a little, so what? He was a big body that could probably still be a backup somewhere in the league.

I LIKED Chris Carr, too. Out of the young players we gave a chance around that time period, I thought Carr was the most promising. He got a chance the next season too, I think in Boston, and then he disappeared...

I LIKED Corey Benjamin too. The little guy could fly, and once in a while he'd pull an insane J from 3 point land. He's like A.J. Guyton on 'roids... it was fun to watch him fly in on a free throw attempt and get a crazy dunk put back from the backcourt... hahaha...

But that's kind of about it. Hahahahaa.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Originally posted by Showtyme
I LIKED Chris Anstey. He actually had a jumper and could rebound okay. If he plodded a little, so what? He was a big body that could probably still be a backup somewhere in the league.

I LIKED Chris Carr, too. Out of the young players we gave a chance around that time period, I thought Carr was the most promising. He got a chance the next season too, I think in Boston, and then he disappeared...

I LIKED Corey Benjamin too. The little guy could fly, and once in a while he'd pull an insane J from 3 point land. He's like A.J. Guyton on 'roids... it was fun to watch him fly in on a free throw attempt and get a crazy dunk put back from the backcourt... hahaha...

But that's kind of about it. Hahahahaa.
how about corey's patented alley-oop dunk off the inbounds pass from artest? lol

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I was really trying to forget the 1st two Bulls teams mentioned, ughhh. Those teams were built to lose, for that I will never forgive Krause. Thank goodness the labor stoppage shortened that first season ;)

·
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by royalwithcheese
didnt the 98-99 bulls have brent barry on the team? Then they traded him away for hershy Hawkins.
Oh yes! I'm sorry if I missed anyone else, and if I did anyone else tell me. Most of this is based on my memory and some research. I'll add anyone who I missed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What ever happened to Michael Ruffin?

I remember some TV show did a piece on him when he was with the Bulls where they went to his own home and talked with him and his wife. He seemed like he had a good head on his shoulders ... One of those guys that you wish had better talent because he'd be a great role model.

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
Originally posted by BullsFan23
What ever happened to Michael Ruffin?

I remember some TV show did a piece on him when he was with the Bulls where they went to his own home and talked with him and his wife. He seemed like he had a good head on his shoulders ... One of those guys that you wish had better talent because he'd be a great role model.
Yeah, I saw that TV spot as well. He was a good guy. If I'm not mistaken, he signed with Philly last year, but I don't think he played much. I think they have released him by now. Someone else correct me if they have better facts.

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Originally posted by Nater

Yeah, I saw that TV spot as well. He was a good guy. If I'm not mistaken, he signed with Philly last year, but I don't think he played much. I think they have released him by now. Someone else correct me if they have better facts.
Last season Philly released Ruff after he spent about a month there. Then he went to play in the Spanish league. Here's a link to his stats and stuff in case anyone's interested. I wanted the Bulls to bring him back this season but now with Baxter in the picture, I don't think we need him.

http://www.eurobasket.com/ESPplayer.asp?PlayerID=3078

1 - 14 of 14 Posts