Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW!!!!!!!!:eek:
Expos are going to contend for the AL East now for sure!!!
All they give up is awful Lee Stevens and prospects which they probably have no use for anyway.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
yeah

they are actually showing some sign of life from the office. They have the talent the fans aren't behing them tho and that hurts, i think the braves will win the race but Montreal is makeing a statement.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
The Indians make some of the stupidest trades ever. Richie Sexson, Brian Giles, and now Bartolo Colon havce been traded. When will their dumb management get a brain?!:confused:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Re: wow

Originally posted by (-) 0 † § I-I () †
i watch baseball tonite 2!
How did this have anything to do with what you guys were talking about?:confused: :no:

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
didn't you guys know

that the Cleveland Indians Management and the CLeveland Cavs management are the same people?! I thought everyone knew that.... thus all the bad trades and stoopid draft picks......

Does anyone know any billionaires that wanna buy a major league (lol) baseball and basketball team?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
From what I understand Expose traded away some very good minor league talent. May be I'll dig up their stats later. Expose are going hard at it as if they are being contracted next year.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Originally posted by DP
From what I understand Expose traded away some very good minor league talent. May be I'll dig up their stats later. Expose are going hard at it as if they are being contracted next year.
ya they gave up some talent, but to them it doesnt mean that much anymore, with colon the expos i think should make the playoffs and give montreal one last chance in them.

they probably won't go anywhere but im proud they are actually doing something.....

ps blue jays are horrible

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Uhm, guys? Am I missing something here?

The Expos traded their two best prospects (in my opinion). Everybody agrees that they traded away their best prospect.

I see the Indians getting two or three very good players for one.

Didn't the White Sox get Keith Foulke, Bobby Howry, and a couple other very good players in a similar trade? And what about Freddy Garcia and Carlos Guillen to the Mariners, in a similar trade?

I think this was a great deal for the Indians, who obviously weren't going to resign Colon. You all are seriously undervaluing what top prospects are worth and can mean to a team. I see this as the Expos sort of giving in; saying, let's make one last run. They should definitely contract now, with their good prospects gone...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts