Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UVM comes back to Patrick to take on Fairleigh Dickinson, an improved squad from a year ago. FDU recently lost to Hartford by 10 in their last game.

Hopefully UVM will play well at home- haven't looked their best in front of the home fans this year.

I'll be in the house as well, can't wait to get to Patrick- looking forward to being back in Burlington.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
From UVM Athletics:

The Vermont men's basketball team hosts Fairleigh Dickinson on WCAXtra on Saturday (Dec. 22) at 2 p.m. at Patrick Gymnasium. WCAXtra is located over-the-air on Digital 3.2, Comcast 331, Burlington Telecom 303, Charter 295 and Time Warner 165. The game can also be seen online for free via CatamounTV at UVMathletics.com and will also be broadcast on ESPN 101.3 FM and 1013ESPN.com with Chris Villani calling the action.
The Catamounts stand at 6-4 on the year and are coming off a 68-58 loss at Niagara on Sunday, snapping a two-game win streak. The Knights are 4-5 on the season and coming off a 59-56 loss to Hartford on December 9.
Coach Becker actually sounded pretty ticked in the last couple of interview segments I saw on WCAX TV. He talked about guys not knowing plays, lack of progress, basics not being executed, etc. A little edgier than his usual bland stuff. I hope it's had an effect and the Cats play better...

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From UVM Athletics:

Coach Becker actually sounded pretty ticked in the last couple of interview segments I saw on WCAX TV. He talked about guys not knowing plays, lack of progress, basics not being executed, etc. A little edgier than his usual bland stuff. I hope it's had an effect and the Cats play better...
He's 100% right that basics not being executed. That falls on the players- they need to step it up.

Be curious to know whether it's newcomers not knowing plays or returnees. Might be a mix of both.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
He's 100% right that basics not being executed. That falls on the players- they need to step it up.

Be curious to know whether it's newcomers not knowing plays or returnees. Might be a mix of both.
On tonight's interview on WCAX, Becker specifically called out the veterans.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
UVM was up by 7, now down by 1 at halftime 33-34. Apfeld with 11, Rusin with 7. Elbaum did not play in the first half. That is unusual, no?

·
Registered
418 Posts
From what I could see when the video wasn't buffering before it totally quit near the end, UVM was playing more in transition. A couple nice alley-oops to Apfeld and O'Day were nice to see too.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Video feed sucked, but UVM did work down the stretch pulling out a 76-62 win. Apfeld with a new career high with 26, and Voelkel fell 2 assists shy of a triple double with 10,10,8.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
UVM over FDU, 76-62. Voelkel 10 pts, 10 rebounds, 8 assists. Apfeld career high 26 pts. Rugg 13, Rusin 10, Blue 8. Cats shot 58% from the field, 42% from 3. Only 50% FT. 18/10 assist/TO. There is still a lot of room for improvement before they meet CofC, but a much better effort than the last time out, especially in the 2nd half.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts