Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a 5 team trade proposal that isn't going to happen but could. It hinges on a contractual issue that I'm not sure about. Pippen keeps talking about how he wants to retire, isn't going to play next season, etc. So if he is agreeable, can the Bulls trade him (with cash), to another team (such as the clipps) they buy out the remainder of his contract (with our money), and then we sign him back as an assistant coach? Assuming that this works, here is my trade proposal:

Chicago gives:
Pippen
Crawford
Fizer
Gill
Blount
1 rd pick (top 3 protected)
2nd round pick

Chicago Gets
Desmond Mason
Potapanko
Vlad Radmanovic
Marvin Ely
Richie Frahm

Clippers Give
Drobjnak
Jaric
Ely

Clippers Get
Pippen
Fizer
Sean Rooks
2nd rounder

New Orleans gives
David West
Sean Rooks

New Orleans Gets
Jaric

Milwalkee gives
Desmond Mason

Milwalkee gets
West
Gill
Chicago's 1st rd pick (conditional)

Seattle Gives
Potapenko
Vlad Rad
Richie Frahm

Seattle gets
Jamal Crawford
Corie Blount
Drobjnak

I don't see a team in this trade who gets something they don't want. The iffiest part imo is Crawford to seattle, since their backcourt is pretty good already without JC. A possible solution could be adding wilcox in, giving JC to the Clips and sending wilcox to seattle. But LA gets plenty of cap space cleared, NO gets a combo guard to back up Wesley and Davis, which they need, Milwalkee gets a good frontcount player in west and a pick and seattle gets the drobber back to play center. I would even consider picking up Booth's contract if we had to, to make the deal. AD and Erob aren't going anywhere and until they are off the books we aren't going to have a lot of cap flexibility anyway.

The end result gives us this lineup:

PG: Hinrich/Brunson
SG:Mason/Dupree/Frahm
SF:Radmanovic/JYD/Erob
PF:TC/AD/JYD
C:EC/Potapanko/Ely

Looks so good, but not gonna happen :no:

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
That trade is defintelty not gonig to happen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts